1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBC] The Voice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by liljojo, Apr 22, 2011.

1. liljojo

liljojo Member

This is the first time Javier has been shaky the entire show. Bad timing, dude. I still say he wins it just because of the fact that he's been so much better than everyone else the entire show.

Dia's my girl. Seems like a very difficult song to sing, and she pulled it off very well. But like someone posted before, it got kind of monotonous and had no real climax. I don't know if it was just badly arranged, but it seems to be something she struggles with. I'm still rooting for her though.

Vicci grows on me more and more every week, but she messes up too often to realistically win this thing.

Agree with what everyone else has said about Beverly.

To me, it's a two horse race between Javier and Dia. Going off their final performances alone, Dia should win. Based on the entirety of the show, Javier should. I'd be happy either way.

Other notes:
    LOVE Brad Paisley. What a talented dude.
    HATE Pitbull. You're not allowed to rhyme "Kodak" with "Kodak." Get off the stage, dude. I also thought Ne-Yo was better than that. Guess not.
    Cee-Lo/Vicci's performance was over-the-top, and I loved it. That man knows how to entertain.
    It's odd seeing Katherine McPhee (of Idol fame) on The Voice. Not gonna watch her new show. Looks boring. She's pretty though, and she can sing.

2. sew

sew Member

Javier

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K4UGgUWzHKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vicci

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fjekxvFR0KA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beverly

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BdkTpyCXIS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  3. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

FWIW, Dia is #1 on iTunes but Javier is #2. Adam and Javier's "Man In the Mirror (which was my favorite performance of the night) is #8 while Blake and Dia's duet is #14. Vicci's original is #11 and Beverly's is #25. The Beverly/Christian duet is #16 and the Vicci/Cee Lo duet is #26.

Interesting that Beverly is the only one whose duet charted higher than their original.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Thanks, rep for you.

I don't see what others were saying with Javier - looks like he nailed a really difficult song to me.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

who actually voted, and for whom?

7. Cannonball

Go Javier! Go Team Adam!

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

a shame Dia didn't win. would have been hilarious if the winner of "The Voice" won based on looks.

9. liljojo

liljojo Member

Yep. Seems about right.

This was a half-season right? It seemed really short.

10. dianap07

dianap07 Member

they purposely made the season short...they didn't want it to run on forever like they do with idol. in a way, i'd like to see the contestants sing more but i like how everythingn else is shorter such as the results.

I max'd my 10 votes for javier and apparently that was really needed since him and dia were only separated by 2%. I'm happy with the results :)

oh...and i thought dia's hair was a hot mess tonight. not that it really matters anyway lol

11. Cannonball

I forgot that it started at 7 tonight but I caught the end of it. So I'm watching it on my DVR now and man, the Beverly duet with Ryan Tedder was awful. Neither of them did a particularly good job so when you put them together it just kind of amplified the suck.

12. liljojo

liljojo Member

Yep. I'm a fan of OneRepublic, but they aren't very good live (Tedder in particular). Disappointing.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

When Blake was saying he knew why he liked Dia so much now that he saw her next to Miranda, or something like that, I completely expected him to say "because you remind me of my wife."

14. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Woot.....Like i predicted (at least the top 2) since don't know 3rd or 4th

#194 mrdave543, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  15. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

Wow nailing that top 2 truly hails the second coming of Nostradamus.

16. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Cool story bro

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I voted for Dia, but only twice... perhaps I should have voted more.

18. what

what Member

wow, preston shannon was on the voice. THATS UNREAL. I can't believe he wasn't picked.

19. jdh008

jdh008 Member

For the first time ever, I was actually rooting for one of the contestants not to get picked with that Cameron Novack kid. Usually when they spend time on a person's backstory, it makes them more likable, but this guy just came off as a cocky douche.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member