1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBC] The Voice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by liljojo, Apr 22, 2011.

1. dianap07

dianap07 Member

Cee-Lo looks like one of the Demolition man from WWF lmao

2. what

what Member

Javier's song could be number 1 on the radio. It was a world class song. He certainly got the best song of the night. Vicci is growing on me so that's my vote. I don't understand the whole whoooo whooo that Beverley does. It might be her trademark but she needs to give that up.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

My Final Rankings:

1. Javier
    2a. Dia
    2b. Vicci
    4. Beverly

Dia had been a solid #2 for me but Vicci made up a lot of ground in the live shows. I have them pretty much equal but give Dia a slight edge.

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I'm still Team Dia...

my final rankings...

Dia
    Javier
    Beverly
    Vicci

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Beverely actually has the best "Voice", but she won't win. I think she may have outsang Christina on Beautiful and her original song was perfect for her voice and style.

But she is what she is, so won't win.

6. what

what Member

Really?

I think Javier's voice is ridiculous.

But you are right Bev has no shot of winning. It's most likely going to be Dia. Javier should have won it though.

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I can't stand Beverly. Every time I see her open her mouth, I feel like she's screaming in my ear.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Beverly has only one volume level and that is loud. I don't think she is capable of singing soft or a ballad.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Beverly has a great voice, but you guys are right... she pretty much has one gear, and it's called "Attack this song with brute force."

It's basically down to Dia and Javier, though. I love Vicci, but I don't think there's any way she wins. Those original songs for Dia and Javier (even though I didn't really like either one of them) can easily go near the top of the charts right now.

If I had to pick between those two, I'd go with Javier. I wouldn't be disappointed with either one of them, though... and that's refreshing, to me.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Javier's voice is as good when it's perfect. But he has a couple of off moments here and there - as he did in the beginning of his original song tonight.

I like him better, and Dia the best despite the fact that her "Voice" isn't as good os Javier or Beverely.

Beverely is definitely high octane, which gets annoying, but without a doubt you replace the looks of her and Dia and it's a runaway vote wise.

11. Trip

Trip Member

I just threw my ten votes in for Dia. Was extremely impressed with his audition but Dia's rendition of 'Bubbly' in the second episode blew me away. Been on the fence ever since but there's something about her cuteness and underdog status that has had me rooting for her in the live shows. She's definitely going to be a star but will she win this competition? I doubt it.

Saw a poll earlier today asking who was going to win the show and Javier had something like 44% of the vote, with Dia second at less than 35%. That said though Dia's last few performances have been performing better than Javier's on iTunes IIRC so I'm still holding out hope.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Did anybody notice that Christina wasn't all there at the beginning of the show? When she was commenting on Javier, she had no emotion at all and was just kind of like "yeah, whatever". Then when Adam is talking and they're using the camera angle where you can see all of the coaches, you see her texting on her cell phone. Some producer must have said something because she got better later in the show.

Not a big thing, but Dia needs to learn how to take a silent breath. Whatever she does to get her tone must be closing off her throat a bit because every breath was very noticeable. She should take notes from the "Chocolate Rain" guy. ;) Again, not a big thing but it'll make for cleaner performances in the future.

1 person likes this.
  13. hvic

hvic Member

javier has a great voice but he needs to learn how to control himself from oversinging

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Actually I did notice that, she's seems like a pretty big b****, at least that's the vibe me and the wife got from her during the show.

15. BP0803

BP0803 Member

I have to go with Dia as well. I just think Javier tries too hard to do too much and sometimes it kills the song for me. Final rankings:

1. Dia
    2. Javier
    3. Beverly
    4. Vicci

I really enjoyed this season and am looking forward to another. I would like for them to get 4 new coaches though to keep the show fresh with coach performances and coaching.

16. Manny Ramirez

I have said this before and I'll say it again - Dia looks like she could be Jessica Alba's younger sister.

17. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Been watching this show with the fiance....I thought Dia or Javier was going to run away with it early, but was impressed with all (4). My final predictions:

1. Javier
    2. Dia
    3. Vicci
    4. Beverly

18. sew

sew Member

Dia is awesome.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ClUDsDGQsvY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Manny Ramirez

Thanks for posting this. As Cannonball pointed out, Dia needs to learn how to take her breaths better as they were very noticeable and to the point of distracting me from the song. Othe than that, she was great. I see that Christina is wearing the different type of makeup again - the foundation/makeup that makes her look like a clown (she wore a similar type look about 2 to 3 weeks ago).

Can someone post the performances (solo) for both Javier and Vicci? Don't bother posting Beverly's unless you really feel the need to do so.

20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Noticed it as well. My wife was saying it looked like she was strung out on something. Just overall blah the whole time. She even got into it with Blake about the shadows behind Dia and went on and on about that instead of even talking about Dia's singing.

She looked pissed about something and was just taking it out on anything and anyone she could.