1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So Yao Becomes a Free Agent on July 1st what do YOU want to happen?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spysta, Jun 21, 2011.

1. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

no one else is gonna want him...might as well keep him to keep that pine warm for Biyombo =)

2. remjay

remjay Member

Because the Rockets training/conditioning staff is terrible. Ever seen some of the workouts they had Tracy do during his back spasm days? :rolleyes:

3. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Hate to break it to ya but everyone knew before they even joined the Rockets that these two were more likely to get injured than your average player.

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Calling out YOFs? It's so funny that the one who did it is YOU. It's hypocrisy at it's finest. ROFL.

Look, over 95% of your posts are about Yao Ming. Please don't even waste your time to make an attempt to deny this fact. You just can't deny your own post history, right? If anything, you fit the definition of a 'YOF' to a T. The only question is whether you are good enough to be the 'captain'.

By the way, do you still remember this post in late last year? I am still waiting for a reply.

You knew you had no answer to my question so you just ran away like a little girl. Correct?

5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

If Yao was carrying the franchise back then, he didn't do a very good job because of all the playoffs failure. He may be the best scoring center in the NBA when he was healthy but that's about it.

6. thething

thething Contributing Member

Nothing will happen until training camp or the start of the season (whenever that is.) We'll see what Yao's health is then, and if it's good, we'll sign him. If not, he retires.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

According to a guy at ESPN, Yao says he will only play for Houston and won't sign with anyone. We have 16 players right now, unless Donatas stays in Europe for another year or there's a trade. Personally, I think Yao's done, I don't see us resigning him and when that happens he'll probably retire.

8. J-Man

J-Man Member

Please resign

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Yao can get 10/5/2/2 playing 15 minutes a game in ski boot.

Sign him to a 1 year Vet's minimum.

10. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Can't we just leave him alone until he's ready to come back? Leave him off the roster and roll with the 15 players we have, then if he makes a miraculous recovery, make room for him on the roster.

Not sure if this is legal, but I don't see why not.

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Yao ming, yao ming, ..........yao ming yao ming yao ming!

12. miniAB0

miniAB0 Member

Maybe he can pull a Grant Hill:)))

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Yao's health is more important than getting us 10 points in 15 minutes. The guy may go through another surgery on his foot if he comes back and injures himself again. You want him to be able to walk properly and enjoy life; the guy is not even 30 yet.

14. Raven

Raven Member

The Yangtze's not a river in Egypt if you know what I mean.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I agree with this. What can it hurt? If he plays he'll most likely produce, if not, you're not really losing anything.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Yao is coming back. If Yao was going to retire, I think he would have already done so.

Hope you make it back big fella.

16. guoxiangsu

guoxiangsu Member

sign,there is no doubt that,but with a low price

17. rocketsmetalspd

Yao should be signed, if he believes he can get healthy then give him one more to shot.

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I Love Yao Ming!