1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting to know Marcus Morris - Your new Franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

So, you're a psychic? How do you know he was, "shaken and upset when he found out his twin brother was selected ahead of him"? I guess there's no possibility that he was crying because he was happy for his brother? :rolleyes:

2. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Full or potential, i actually prefer Morris over his older brother.. they said he has better work ethic.

3. sandiegorocket

And his name is a lot harder to make fun of than Marqueef.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's not subpar athletically for a 4, but in height/length. Not the same thing. Also, even if he was subpar athletically for a 4, it doesnt mean he automatically cant play the 3. Each position can require different dimensions of athleticism. For example, strength or power would be more important at the 4.

I'll admit I mixed them up originally when i tried to look them up. I figured i'd save time by watching one mix of both and i gues si saw markieff more initially and assumed they were like the Davis "brothers", as in both PFs who had slightly different games. Then I read up more about them and realized how different they were. Weird, but i guess sometimes twins try to be different unconsciously to stand out as an individual.

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Someone actually pointed out that they are in fact fraternal twins, not identical twins. So, then why are they identical? :confused:

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Harvey and Horace Grant redux?

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

It's amazing how much they look alike. Any chance of them switching uniforms when we play the Suns to screw with us?

8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I don't mind the pick.. i just dont know enough about him to like it or dislike it. By looking at highlights, he seems like a very solid pick.

Now Morey needs to go hard after a center like Marc Gasol and hope that the Grizzlies don't match the offer sheet.

Lowry/Dragic
    Martin/Lee
    Morris/Budinger
    Scola/Pat/Hill
    Gasol/Hayes/Thabeet

Not a championship caliber team yet, but definitely can make some noise in the playoffs if we can make that line-up happen..

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Speed, and agility are two completely different things. Morris may be fast running up and down, but he's not as agile as a Glen Robinson. GR moved like a big guard.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think fraternal twins can still look similar, especially if they are close, do similar things, and are raised in the same environment. Sometimes their personality or way of thinking is what is similar, but i guess in their case their looks matched up instead, or more.

11. AXG

AXG Member

I agree on your first point, he will be in contention for ROY. I'm not so sure about being a "franchise player". I think he can certainly be an All-Star, a Glenn Robinson/Jamal Mashburn -type player.

12. Remix

Remix Member

Markieff Morris roots for the Dallas Cowboys. We definitely picked the right twin

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That poster has lost it so don't even bother with him. He must have been piss drunk judging from his posts last night (calling Morris a female dog in numerous threads).

His assessment of Marcus' reaction couldn't be any more stupid. God forbid that brothers can be happy for each other.
    Wrong. I'm going to continue to spam this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhpz1OTx9t0

14. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

marcus morris looks like paul pierce but not as fast off the dribble like paul was in his early 20s.

15. joesr

joesr Member

In order to run for what your talking about he has to get play time. I dont see that part happening.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think this is what's going to screw with fans early on...he has this dry humor...you cant always tell if he's serious or not because his expression never changes.

17. rocketzlove

rocketzlove Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhpz1OTx9t0

kinda like in his sports science video lulz

but yah... i love the cocky, i'm really just confident attitude.

18. rocketzlove

rocketzlove Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PQh7irOQOZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Man if he had a quicker first step.... He needs to practice on his game but I feel he has the talent to become a Paul Pierce. Great post CX, seems like you did your homework on this guy.