1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN CLASSIC: Hakeem day next sunday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by francis 4 prez, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

so is anyone going to tape the whole thing? :(

2. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread ... I'm a big Dream fan and for the final time I want to know if anyone here will tape the whole Dream thing on ESPN Classic. If so, please contact me by email.

Thanks!

3. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

Ditto.

4. jw1144

jw1144 Contributing Member

Man those recaps from Michael Murphy gave me goosebumps. Thanks for digging that up Codell.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

I will be recording it on my TIVO system.

6. costashater2

costashater2 Member

What a joke I cant believe they are showing those same games of Hakeem as if they have not shown those games 1000 times. I emailed ESPN classic repeats to show some different games of Hakeem a couple of weeks ago because I knew they would have a day for Dream. THere are plenty of other great games to show from Hakeem but yet Classic has to show the same games NBA.com TV is showing in their regular rotation. Here is how the shedule should be

Bulls at Rockets march 84 Jordan vs Akeem 1st time
    Sixers at Rockets jan 85 Barkley and Malone vs Sampson and Dream
    Bullets at Rockets Jan 86 Akeem vs Manute bol akeem hits the shot at the buzzer to win the game
    Rockets at Sonics from mar 87 regular season Akeem 38 points 18 rebounds 12 blocks 7 steals and 6 assists a near quintiple double!!!!
    Houston Cougars game when he had 15 blocks!!!

7. Wale

Wale Member

"Rockets at Sonics from mar 87 regular season Akeem 38 points 18 rebounds 12 blocks 7 steals and 6 assists a near quintiple double!!!! "

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. Wale

Wale Member

Codell!! Pls. Pls. can we talk? I need a copy of these games. Pls could you email me if you think you could record these games?

9. codell

With TIVO, i can transfer it to a VCR as many time as I want. Id be more than happy to help you guys out. As long as you mail me a blank video tape, Ill record it over and send it back to ya.

10. GB_Rocket

I'm not sure how this would work. I'm in England and we use PAL. However, I have a vcr that will play videos on the American format(NTSC or something). Now, would it record ok if I sent you a PAL tape from here?:confused:

11. codell

I have no clue what PAL is. lol

The only format I can record off TIVO with is VHS/VCR.

If any does want me to dub them a copy onto a VHS tape, Ill be happy to do so free of charge. Just dont tell the NBA or ESPN. Ya know that whole "express written consent" thing.

12. GB_Rocket

PAL is the format our videos use. I don't fully understand it(as you can probably tell). All i know is that I sent some sports tapes to friends in America and they had to convert them.

What the hell, I just send a tape and it can either work or it won't! Thanks for your help.

So you'll email your addy or do I just write "codell, USA" on the envelope? :)

13. codell

codell, usa lol

Actually what I would do, is send me a VHS tape (buy one online and ship it to me and have someone in your neck of the woods convert it).

14. GB_Rocket

This is getting confusing. We do have VHS tapes, but the actual tape format we have is PAL(whatever that stands for) and the tape format in the USA is NTSC. I think the general rule is that Europe uses PAL.

I think we better draw a line under this. I can't explain it very well. I'll just send a tape and see what happens!

OK, i did a quick google search and it's all to do with how many lines make up the resolution, frames per second shown, blah, blah. PAL(Phase Alternation by Line) and NTSC(National Television System Committee) differ in this. Probably no help at all! :D

15. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Codell, can I get your e-mail address??

16. codell

What you may want to do, so both of us arent wasting our time, is post a new thread in the hangout section seeking advice on that. I know there are quite a few British guys that hang out in there and they could tell you if it would work or not. Just an idea.

you can email me codell@tfz.net

17. lived

lived Member

hey guys, what i could do is if someone could get the games down on VHS, I'd be more than happy to convert them into VCD format.
    Problem is.. I'm in Melbourne Australia.

codell, could we make some sort of arrangement?

18. codell

If you ship me a VHS tape, ill be more than happy to transfer it from my TIVO to the VCR. Beyond that, i cant do anything as far as formats and stuff.

19. lived

lived Member

Yup, can do.. I'm guessing 3 3 hour tapes?
    how many would i need to send to you if I would like to get the WCF, the NCAA and the goldenstate games? 3 ? unless you could squeeze them into less somehow..

20. codell

Heres the schedule I have

1pm-3pm - Rockets-Knicks Game 7 1994
    3pm-5pm - Spurs - Rockets Game 6 1995
    5pm-7pm - Magic - Rockets Game 4 1995
    7pm-8pm - Houston Rockets: Back to Back

By my count, thats 8 hours.

Im not seeing the UH-NC state game that some people have talked about. Is that supposed to be on? I dont see any goldestate games either.