1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

when is he due back?

2. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Tmo or MoT? I think you mean Mo Taylor who will be back 11-12 for the Portland game.

3. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

i meant terrance morris, he was injuried during the preseason and didnt play the first 2 games, i didnt see the 3rd game, did he come back allready? if not when is he due back ?

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't think he is due to be released to practice until middle of November but I don't remember where I heard it.

5. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I, for one, am much more intrigued by the return of T-Mo than Mo-T. I feel he fills a bigger hole, and is less redundant than Taylor. If he plays anything like he did in the pre-season, whooo-boy! do we have a team for the future...

6. Michael19P

Michael19P Member

Intruiging...yes. i am interested in seeing if he will live up to his flashes of potential.

BUT

How can you say he fills a bigger hole that Mo-T???? T-MO is an unproven second year player. Many people had written him off as a mistake to pick. He never showed anything last year. Yes, he did show some potential and improved shooting in the preseason. However, there is no way that you can even compare his REAL impact on the team with taylor's. Mo taylor brings close to a double double most nights, has a great mid range jumper, and is really pretty consistent. TMO has not shown the ability to do any of these things. Maybe he will, but I wouldn't let a few good work outs suggest that he is more valuable to the rockets than an established, consistent NBA player.

If you mean this comment in terms of actually physical bodies and options for us to go with...I mean, yes, we do have other people who can play the 4 but we also have almost as many/if not as many players at the 3.

I hope Tmo will become what you are suggestingb but don't runover proven contributers when jumping on a preseason bandwagon ;)

7. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am anxious to get TMo back also. But I heard he had a high ankle sprain. Cato had that two years ago and it turned into a season long naging injury.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I saw T-Mo practice yesterday on channel 2 kprc but I don't know if it was updated.

9. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

rockets.com injury report says he will miss the first 2-4 weeks of season. another question is who will take his place on the il.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

MoT doesn't bring a double-double - that'd mean he'd have to rebound....

I think that Macbeth qualified his statement by saying 'if TMo played anything like the preseason' - considering his pre-season form, if he were to play anything like that, then he would be more valuable than MoT, simply because he'd be bringing a mid-range jumper!