1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans 2011 NBA Draft Thread (6/23/2011) - #14. Marcus Morris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 22, 2011.

1. cdastros

cdastros Member

Am I the only one thinks the NBA draft is better than the NFL draft.

2. dje243

dje243 Member

No you're not. I love NFL... But NBA draft is way more exciting. More unpredictable.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. It is like three times better as far as the anticipation.

4. Houston_Rockets

This draft is going to be crazy.

At this point, I don´t even know what I want. I like some players at certain ranges, but there is no guarantee DM stays in those positions. At the top I like some guys, but I don´t know, if we move up, where we end up. At this point I am lost, and I just hope that the next "rumor" is a done deal, preferably before the actual pick, for me to have an immediate feedback on the player IMO would be better to draft at that # and be owned by the wizard as usual ;). Ain´t that right haterz?

You know what is odd, nbadraft and draftexpress last mock drafts have the same top 6 picks, with some surprises, things might be shaping up at the top, it will be nice to see how accurate these things are this year.

Crazy (impossible) prediction: somehow Morey trades for the #2 pick (without using Martin:cool:), and then packages #2 plus Lowry for #1 (U crazy brah ;))

This is how crazy this is going to be...

PeAcE

5. Houston_Rockets

Scrap that, I am putting my ballz on the table early....

Lee plus #23 for #10 plus Ilyasova (seems fair to me)

Lee>>> Ilyasova
    #10>>>#23

#10 plus Hill for #7 (This needs more explaining)

I think Sac wants Fredette bad. His workout looked great, and I think he fits there, and they liked him (sources say). But why draft him at #7, when you can draft him at #10, and get something back (nor Charlotte, nor Detroit will draft him)?

Why Hill?

<iframe width="300" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kuj-daW2bc8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am not saying they love him because of one game, the thing is, they are weak at the PF spot, and they get a young serviceable player that will not eat up cap space, and draft the same player they would at #7 (But if they like other cheap player, I make that trade).

Of course, this goes to the toilet if Sac really likes Leonard over Fredette like some say.

We do this, because , in the 7th spot, we will get to choose, a guy that will slip. Out of the top 6, there are 4 locks, Irving, Kanter, Williams, and Knight, and then there are Leonard, Vesely, Valanciunas, and Kemba, for only 2 picks, so someone good will be there at 7 to be picked.

And with #14 draft Marshon Brooks, to replace Lee (coachbadlee faints)

I STILL believe #7 is our ultimate goal and #2 just a dream.

PeAcE

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

Draftexpress has Kwahi Leonard falling all the way to 14 now, and Nbadraft.net has Kemba Walker falling out of the lottery completely. I follow the draft each year, but usually not as closely as this year, has it always been this crazy leading up? :confused:

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Kemba and Kawhi fall that far, Morey needs to keep number 14 and just use our own players to get number 10... I would give up Scola, who the Bucks would LOVE, to get Kemba Walker and Kawhi Leonard together...

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Where did you get that Milwaukee loves Scola?

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Up to this point I have been dead set on Marcus Morris if we move up, but for today I just want to keep an open mind. Valanciunas? Leonard? Walker? Biyombo? Vesley? I need to keep reminding myself just to calm down, that I don't know nearly as much about basketball as I think I do, and to just have full faith in Morey and co. Just follow the plan and hopefully everything works out.

10. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

if we stick with the 14 and 23 its Biyombo and Honeycutt!

11. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

F5'ing like a mofo today!

12. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

I've got a feeling it's Kemba Walker Morey's going after. Kid is a Iverson-Wade hybrid waiting to happen.. and he led a mediocre, inexperienced UConn team to a championship and made it look easy. He graduates in 3 years and he's been slotted anywhere from 5-15, so it makes sense.

Irving & Walker are the only players, in my opinion, that have the 'it' factor to be true superstars from this draft.

I'm excited for tonight. I'll be very surprised if the Rockets end the night with 'safe' pick(s) or a long-term project from the 1st round.

13. ricealum

ricealum Contributing Member

Almost word for word what I was going to say. I'd definitely draft him if he were there at 14, because he's a winner. If I traded up, though, it would be for Kanter or Biyombo (give up on the pipe dream of him being available at 14!). Can you imagine either of these two learning smart post D from Chuck Hayes?

If we stick with 14, 23, and 38, I'd be pretty happy with some combination of Chris Singleton, Nikola Vucevic, Nikola Mirotic, Donatas Motiejunas, Kenneth Faried, Jordan Hamilton, Marshon Brooks, and Tyler Honeycutt.

At 38, I'd take a flyer on DeAndre Liggins. He's a solid defensive 2/3 who can shoot some and penetrate some. No idea if he'd stick, but he has the potential and hasn't reached his ceiling yet.

14. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I really don`t know any of these players other than reading a little on the internet. But just the name "Kemba Walker" sounds like a superstar... however, with Lowry/Martin already on the team I don`t know how he would fit...

Other than that, I think like most people only give 3 players superstar potential: Kyrie Irving, Derrick Williams and Enes Kanter - if we can snatch one of them I´d be thrilled. If not, there seems to be many real good prospects that would make our team better, with a real high chance of at least one falling to 14 (Leonard, Biyombo, Marcus Morris, Valancunias, Vesely, Singleton, Motiejunas, Hamilton). So either way I think this draft will make us better - and in the end I trust in Morey to make the right choice.

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Ken Berger: Seeking a big man, #Rockets interested in swapping 14th and 23rd picks with #Pistons for 8th pick, sources tell @CBSSports. Sources say Houston targeting Tristan Thompson if he's there, also have interest in Bismack Biyombo. Kevin McHale wants a big.

16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Is this legit or an attempt to lower his stock?

17. cdain3

cdain3 Member

I wouldn't mind Tristan Thompson.

18. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Just draft the best

Draft the best available 2 way player, we need stars, not role players, we have a full roster of those, if not trade all the picks/2nd tier "assets" to get Josh Smith or Iggy + DeAndre or Bogut or somebody tall! :)

19. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

I would give my whole salary for entire year if Dexter would eventually kill Kevin McHale in the D' sixth season

20. AusEaglez

AusEaglez Member

So pumped for this draft I have a funny feeling Morey pulls something big off here, however I had that feeling on last years draft and the year before that haha. I think he has rounded up his "assets" and will do something this year cause I think many would agree with me I hate being a mediocre team, but hey I will always love my Rockets.

I think maybe Morey has his eyes on Kanter or Williams, but I think if he is going to go for gold he might try pull a magic trick and pull off something big, but hey i think a lot of us expected that last year.