1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Championship Gear

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XIrocket, Jun 22, 2011.

1. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

I just bought a cool back to back title shirt on ebay...What's the thought on wearing Championship gear too old leave it in the closet? Or cool?

1 person likes this.
  2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

WEAR IT!! Ive got a cap from the early 90s that came back in style and i get complaments on it like you wouldnt believe.. I walkd into lids the other day with it on and they had new ones that looked just like it. Green under the lid and everything.. WEAR IT!!

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's not cool anymore. I can pick it up from you to save you the embarrassment.

4. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

I have got one shirt from each championship that I got a resell shops (dumbasses) i wear them would the mood strikes me or when I go to the yoda

5. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Yes, wear it! I've got like 23-24 championship era t-shirts. However, I've hung them all up on my wall in my room so I can look at them every day. :)

I'm a Rockets championships t-shirt freak. If I don't own it, chances are I've got a picture of the shirt you bought on eBay. I keep a folder on my computer of all Rockets championship shirts I've come across.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  6. Adrenachrome

Adrenachrome Member

:eek: you are a passionate fan, I will give you that.

7. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

dude...they never get old...always wear the old school rockets jerseys/shirts/caps...they are cool.

8. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

If You Was To Be A Dude, You Wouldof Been Getting Talked About.. Nice Stuff Tho

9. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

If you're going out to an any kind of sports related atmosphere then yes wear it.

10. tobster

tobster Member

I can't even express how attractive you are for having the room you have... My girl is the same way except she is from Dallas and is a die hard Mavs fan...
    FML for the past 2 weeks to say the least... As far as wearing championship shirts... Do it all day everyday if you can... There aren't a lot of teams getting multiple championships, much less back to back... We used to put the championship t-shirts on my german shepard back in the day...

11. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

Not even a fav band poster? Wow i dont think i could catch sleep in that room.:eek:

12. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

WHOA!

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wear it. It's all we have left to cling to...

14. TheGoldenGreek

Now that's impressive! You don't know how long I've been dying for one of these. I figure this is a dumb question, but is there any chance I could buy one from you?

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wow! I bought a t-shirt from a guy after the first parade: It was a custom silkscreen of Sam animated to look like Sam I Am spinning a basketball, with text the read

I dribble
    I shoot
    I score
    Sam I Am

I recall the artist made a very limited run (like a few 100 or so), before he was told by the Dr Seuss lawyers to cease and desist.

Had the shirt not disintegrated from me over wearing it, I'd mail it to you today to put on that t-shirt wall of fame.

17. van chief

van chief Member

over under on how many more stalkers Rocketgirl gets after a look into her bedroom....

18. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Wow! I haven't seen one of those! I'd love to see a picture of that if you have one!

you're right. dumb question

ha! I was actually thinking of doing a room tour video some time this summer. I've got all sorts of Rockets memorabilia in my room I'd love to show off.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's a pretty sweet collection but it's missing one classic shirt.

Hakeem
    I Saw
    I Conquered.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=205346

Everyone needs a cheap ugly bland and confusing shirt saying they conquered Hakeem Olajuwon in their collection before they can truly be called a Rockets fan!

20. van chief

van chief Member

And we would love to see it ;)
    (not trying to be the creepy guy)

when did you start the collection? I imagine you're a bit young to have purchased the t-shirts when they were first released?