1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

[​IMG]
    This is my first attempt at ever doing anything like this. Wish I knew photoshop so I could put it on a real jersey.

2. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

Ugh...I can't even figure out how to post an image!

3. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

[​IMG]
    Ok....here we go.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Shouldn't the name of the local business sponsoring the team be on that jersey somewhere? ;)

5. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

^^LOL. Been thinking about learning PS and making unis is fun enough to make me actually do it. Hopefully, I will be able to come up with decent versions of these.
    Home
    [​IMG]
    Road
    [​IMG]
    Alternate
    [​IMG]
    Latino
    [​IMG]

6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Not bad. The idea is great however i think it would look better with the faint gold used in the original from the other logo forum. The strong mustard yellow is to McDonalds, however a slight gold would still give a nod to the championship years.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

They aren't that bad, though a little plain. I like how the Latino ones pay hommage to the San Diego Rockets, even if not purposeful.

That said, posting your screen capture is pretty funny. I like how you searched how to take a picture of your computer! No shame, gots to learn sometime!

8. Yoda

Yoda Member

This is exactly the only color scheme i will accept for a new look. If they decide to start over, and not go retro, silver/grey and red is the way to go.

My wish would be silver/grey primary home(Wtf makes the Lakers so special that they can wear yellow at home instead of white??) and red primary away. Could someone use Ohio States grey jerseys as a template(College teams have great cuts to their jerseys)?

9. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

It's time for a complete uniform/logo change. As a team you could say we're at the beginning of whatever era this turns out to be but I don't want it to look like the last era aesthetically. We're isolated from the T-Mac/Yao era by a period of 2 years now. We're not very good, middling prospects and wholly dependent on the draft. We need to pull a Cavs and blow it up now that our Bron is gone. The heavy Chinese influence is no longer needed unfortunately.

Changing the unis in 95 was a huge mistake, but I realize that there's always money in the banana stand.

10. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I like this one best... others are pretty good too.. but this one's simple, classic, and has a "new school" type feel to it.

11. Yoda

Yoda Member

the stripe on the jersey looks too orlando like. If anything just remove the stripe from the jersey so you have an updated look from the early 70's

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Its supposed to be a shape of a rocket. Goes well with the old school triangle slit on the side of the shorts

13. Yoda

Yoda Member

maybe you can add to the slit on the shorts, make it bigger. Did you try making a more Rocket like shape instead of the dildo like shape?

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

unfortunately..not matter how you look at it or how you design it, a rocket will look like a dildo in one way or another..

15. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

It'll jeopardize the simplicity of the jersey. You're welcome to alter the image and make it less dildoish to you

16. RockStrosTex

RockStrosTex Member

this is the ish!

17. B-BallGuy

B-BallGuy Member

My opinion is I hate it when teams change their logos. They always like to say it was due for change and other stuff, but honestly it all just part of a new marketing scheme. I feel that teams should occasionally alter their uniforms but the Logo should stay almost unchanged. That is how you create a very good team or company image. I usually feel that the only teams that consistently change their logos are teams from smaller markets... You do not see the celtics, the lakers, the knicks, or the bulls always changing their logos. You can also look at other sports teams such as the yanks or red sox or Barcelona and ManU. While their uniforms change slightly they keep their traditional logo.

I understand that Houston is not an equivalent market but I feel as the fourth largest city we need to have a similar mindset. Honestly we should have never changed the logo from what it was during the championship years... But its too late now

18. Yoda

Yoda Member

thanks dude

Anyway, does anyone know of any other teams rumored to make changes this year? I started hearing around the trade deadline that the Wizards would go retro. I also heard around the same time that the Knicks would be going retro as well as far as their uniforms. Sadly, nothing on the Rockets.

19. Yoda

Yoda Member

Everyone knows that, but like you said, it is too late. What is your opinion on new ownership taking over? For example: MJ taking over the Charlotte BOBcats which were named after their previous owner Bob Johnson. If you are MJ, you stay the course, or do you try and create a timeless look for himself?

20. B-BallGuy

B-BallGuy Member

I mean honestly you are talking about the bobcats..They do not have a history so any change wouldn't affect anything...