1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMAC > Lebron when it counts....

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Liberon, Jun 12, 2011.

1. delta69er

delta69er Member

I won't refute your argument that Yao is big and slow because it is my opinion as well, however, your thesis that he's lacking normal mental facilities is a little over the line.

If you don't like Yao, then sure, voice your opinions and give good reasonable arguments, but why call the man a r****d?

2. nebula955

nebula955 Member

Let me get this straight...Yao is "mentally r****ded" and anyone who says he isn't is a "biased Asian fan"? Not racist at all.
    And despite averaging 19-9-2 for his career, he's "outdated" and cannot play in today's league?
    If he's r****ded, what does that make you?

3. delta69er

delta69er Member

*sigh, Liberon, seeing the way you argue with fellow posters on here makes me rue the day that I become a parent because I'm sure this is exactly what it's going to be like when I try to explain things to a 3-year old. :(

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stop insulting 3-year olds dude, they aren't that dumb.

5. delta69er

delta69er Member

I extend to you my humblest apologies ;)

6. SergioValencia

LOL @ OP. Thanks for the laughs. I don't know about Yao being a r****d, but the more your post the more I'm convinced that you are mentally challenged yourself. LOL.

7. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

OMG, Not even close

8. likestohypeguy

Can you imagine LeBron & Yao on the same team? That would be unfair to the rest of the NBA!

9. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

You are out of your mind

McGrady never learned the team ball? Is that why he forced a trade from Orlando because management didn't want to bring a talent that could play right now? Oh, maybe, he didn't say that he was happy to join Yao because he shouldn't scored 30, 40 or more to get a W for his team and he rely on his teammate?

Stop hating, start thinking. McGrady always played a team basketball, he was trying and still trying to envolve every teammate on the floor.

Before you, another dumb mad haters (kingdom of idiocy members, you can see them below) would answer I just bring you one stat, one:

16 assists in playoffs game when Yao scored something around 6/18.

What is the name of another wing player that was able to put a better assists number in a playoff game for the last 20 years?

That's all and I don't want to remember the fact that he did it almost without his best teammate and he was playing with weak supporting cast.

So if you can't remember the facts and denying McGrady's achievements as a player because of hating, you just probably should to log out. You are useless because of it

10. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

But Yao never showed up in the playoffs. Mcgrady literally carried us

11. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

And all this Yao idiocy is dumb as hell too. You shouldn't blame Yao or Tracy. Rockets had championship caliber team and championship caliber effort in the Rick's first season. We played great in 2008', we were excellent defensive team, we were very good on offense, we were rebounding the ball. Yao was the best center in the game, he was playing his best basketball, Scola, Landry and Deke finally gave us a complete bigmen line. Shane was in his prime, T-Mac wasn't as healthy as in the start of the season but he could be better throughout of it. We played the best Rockets basketball after Stockton's shot in the that ECF. But Yao broke his leg and we lost that opportunity. Can't blame him for that, can't blame Tracy for all that injuries. We had a chance and we missed it because of health issues. That's all, it's not about what morons called quitting.

12. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

and if you can't agree with that you are just fooling yourself

I forgot to mention there Rafer's breakout season. All eggs in one basket. Maybe all except one - health

13. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

You can argue the same thing about Lebron in Cleveland. He QUIT

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

he did say it was on me, but if you watched the series we lost because Yao let Boozer/Okur punk him the entire series, and then the bigs couldn't grab a reb to save their lives. Tmac owned the Kirilenko/wing matchup against the Jazz, which really is all you could ask of him.

15. MD_in_Training

Yao did suck that series, but I think your memory is a bit off if you think Tmac owned his matchups. He was guarded by a combo of Kirilenko and Derek Fisher, and somehow he managed to shoot like 39%. There's no way anyone can say either of our stars played well that series.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcgratr01.html

39% was good enough when you're getting guarded by Kirilenko, and the rockets played JVG ball which certainly didn't help their efficiency numbers. He still managed to average 25 pts, 5 assists and 7 rebs.

Anyway talking about Tmac and Yao history is pretty useless, the Jazz teams they faced just had much better talent even if Yao and Tmac were healthy. I mean, the Jazz had a mini 3 of their own (Dwill, Boozer, Kirilenko), along with guys like Matt Bonner and Okur. Even if Yao and Tmac exploded for 30 pts a piece, you still don't know where to get the other 20 pts just to get to 80.

17. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Well, Kirilenko was an ALL-NBA defender, you shouldn't forget about it

This 39% stat is all about his performance in game two when he was 9/29 from the floor, 1/8 from three. But it was in win, so nobody cares.

In six other games he was 41.2% from the floor, it's a normal stat for him in the playoffs

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Normally I don't like to create controversy surrounding T-Mac with the amount of T-Mac Haters on this board, but this time I'm gonna let it loose. Bare with me.

Tracy McGrady >>> (is greater than) LeBron James. In the Playoffs.

Lets go back to 2005.

What roster did T-Mac have to work with?

1: T-Mac didn't have homecourt advantage. LeBron did.
    2: T-Mac, apart from Yao, had literally David Wesley as his best supporting cast. He was teaming up with Ryan Bowen, Scott Padgett, Bobby Sura, Jon Barry. Now tell me, what can those players do on the basketball court other than shoot a 3 pointer? Who could actually defend a single Maverick?

Now lets take a moment and compare the teams.

PG - Bobby Sura
    Devin Harris

SG - Tracy McGrady
    -Jerry Stackhouse

SF - Jon Barry
    - Josh Howard

PF - Ryan Bowen
    - Dirk Nowitzki

C - Yao Ming
    - Erick Dampier

Those were the starters.

Now lets look at the bench.

Dallas - Jason Terry, Michael Finley, Marquis Daniels, Darrell Armstrong, Alan Henderson, Shawn Bradley, Keith van Horn.

Houston - Mike James, Dikembe Mutombo, Moochie Norris, Scott Padgett, Clarence Weatherspoon.

The facts -

Apart from Tracy McGrady, NOT A SINGLE MEMBER OF THAT ROCKETS TEAM IS STILL CURRENTLY PLAYING IN THE NBA. Not a single player remains in the league as of now. Most of them were out of the league basically as soon as that season finished. (Yao Ming does not count because he has been inactive in the league for over 2 years and has little prospects of coming back.)

Now look at the Dallas team.

Dirk Nowitzki -

1 NBA MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
    1 FINALS MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

has been on the following NBA ALL-STAR TEAMS:

2002 NBA
    2003 NBA
    2004 NBA
    2005 NBA
    2006 NBA
    2007 NBA
    2008 NBA
    2009 NBA
    2010 NBA
    2011 NBA

has been on the following All-NBA teams:

2000-01 NBA All-NBA (3rd)
    2001-02 NBA All-NBA (2nd)
    2002-03 NBA All-NBA (2nd)
    2003-04 NBA All-NBA (3rd)
    2004-05 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2005-06 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2006-07 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2007-08 NBA All-NBA (2nd)
    2008-09 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2009-10 NBA All-NBA (2nd)
    2010-11 NBA All-NBA (2nd)

That is a total of 10 NBA All-Star teams Nowitzki has been on and is still counting.

The rest of the supporting cast featured:

Jason Terry, 27 at the time. Terry now is still a NBA Sixth Man of the Year contender year after year and is still one of the star scorers in the league.

Josh Howard, 24 year old at the time, and since has been an all-star less than 2 years later in 2007.

Michael Finley, 31 years old at the time, two time All-Star. Perennial 20 point per game scorer still in his prime.

Jerry Stackhouse, 30 years old at the time, two time All-Star. Perennial 20 point per game scorer still in his prime.

Erick Dampier, 29 years old at the time, one of the premier defensive big man in the league still in his prime.

TO SUMMERIZE, ON THE 2005 DALLAS MAVERICKS, it is found that, there a total of, [Dirk 10] + [Finley 2] + [Stackhouse 2] + [Howard 1] = 15 All-Star games on the Dallas Mavericks.

Now THAT is the opposition Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming was going up against.

Compare that with the team of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh and you have a good idea of what Tracy was carrying and was LeBron was carrying.

Hence, in the playoffs, T-Mac > LeBron.

19. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Sad to see.

5-6 years is a big difference, McGrady isn't even a star anymore, Yao is pretty much out every year because of injuries, all those role players are out of the league.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

I was actually thinking of this during last night's game. I wonder if JVG was having flashbacks on the sideline as Miami gave up 2-3 offensive rebounds on that key possession with about two minutes left.