1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not A Fan Of McHale As Rockets Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AnnaMegan, May 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. AnnaMegan

AnnaMegan Member

2. Kevin McHale

Kevin McHale Member

Note to self...when named Rockets' new head coach, never ever ever talk to Mike Meltser.

5 people like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hmm... pretty sure we know more about Rockets basketball judging from that quote. The 99ers anyways.

4. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

So much fail in his article/video:

Budenholzer doesn't want to leave San Antonio. Mike Brown said he wasn't interested and I think Shaw was interviewed.

He talks about the successes of Thibodeau, Brooks and Spoelstra in their first years... look at the talent level of those teams! Those teams were bound to burst onto the scene with the Lakers and Spurs showing their age.

I can understand being skeptical of McHale as a coach... but to accuse Morey of not thinking out of the box is laughable and embarrassing for somebody that's supposed to have any knowledge of the Rockets management.

1 person likes this.
  5. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I agree with him about being underwhelmed as far as having Kevin McHale as a head coach. However, I disagree vehemently about Mike Brown being a more desirable coach. I was glad to hear he didn't want to coach here. A bit shocked that he thought Houston was a less desirable place to coach than Golden State? Yes, but perhaps that just goes to reassert my feelings about the guy not being very good at anything besides coaching defense, let alone team evaluation.

What makes it worse is that besides the culture in Golden State (that may be changing with the new ownership), they do have a better talent base than Houston at the moment. That right there, my good sirs, is a disturbing and surreal realization.

Also, as Chievous said, Budenholzer said he wanted to stay in San Antonio and Brian Shaw was indeed interviewed. Seems like he completely missed that.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Poor, hastily written article that's at best shallow and lacking any insight.

a) Fails to list any tangible reason why McHale isn't a good choice

b) Clearly throw around names without thinking
    -Budenholzer publicly took himself out of running, probably due to verbal agreement to take over Spurs
    -Brian Shaw is hoping to be promoted in LA
    -Mike Brown is a horrible coach

Why even start a thread and link that bad an article? Bleacher Report has better thought out stuff than that. If Meltser posted that here as a thread, it'd have 1-star and be locked within the afternoon.

I hope this wasn't a case of the OP linking a buddy's article just to help him get hits. If so, just be open about it. If not, don't waste our time linking toilet paper articles like that.

2 people like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Radio personality pee-pee games. TV killed the radio, social media confused the hell out of the radio star.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I suspect this is exactly what it is. . .

Rocket River

9. IBTL

IBTL Member

doubt that.. mcclain used to do the same thing when he was trying to tout one of his love interests.

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Isn't that what all of the OP's threads are? It's pretty obvious and I'm surprised they don't get locked up. There is a reason that nobody else posts anything from SR610 here -- in general, your average Clutchfans poster knows more about the current state of the Rockets than your average SR610 listener. There just isn't a whole lot of insight there compared to what we are used to, and everything comes off as opinionated babble.

11. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

Atrocious post. If we're interested in their uninformed opinions, i am sure we would listen to KILT 610.

:rolleyes:

Moe

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

did not click....these posts are always crap.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

"At the end of the day, I realize that hiring the right head coach is about winning games, not winning the press conference (see Rich Rodriguez at Michigan). But, I would love to see the Rockets hire a head coach that you can easily jump aboard, from an excitement standpoint. Kevin McHale just doesn’t do it for me."

Heres the basic point of the article and where MM went wrong.

Adelman was about winning games, this coach is about developing players.

This wasn't a winning move, this was a building move.

14. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

the write didn't learn the lesson from the past. well, morey did. if lakers can get paul gasol for free, why can we get twolf's #2 pick after get their insider as our coach? :)

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

I'm not sure how much more out of the box you can get than Kevin McHale.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If McHale is calling our/any young players a bust, he is not our coach. How is he going to trust the unproven or develop them? I see plenty of potential in all our players. Great players are made not born. You just have to get your hands dirty and do it yourself. Dont expect our training staff to do it.

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

why not? is he a bonified rockets hater?

18. Raven

Raven Member

I think the most likely reason the Rockets haven't announced is because our next head coach is still in the playoffs.

19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

A Sam Cassell hire would not only be out of the box, but out of the universe.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Radio guys should never write down their opinions. It's a lot easier to defend an opinon on the radio because 10 minutes later nobody actually remembers exactly what you said.