1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 guard lineup....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aka ace, Oct 31, 2002.

1. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

No he bet for the Rockets' first home game I think.

2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good point but 1 huge difference. Gasol played consistently against a hell of a lot better competition than Ming has. Chinese Basketball equals Fonde Rec ball on a slow day. Ming is probably a little overwhelmed right now.

3. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

It's not that good.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Really? Still doesn't look good, though, unless Cato gets injured tomorrow.

5. PCMILLS

PCMILLS Member

How about starting someone that's willing to stay with the "motion offense". Nachbar made 1 of 2 shots. For someone who is supposed to be a pure shooter, he didn't get a chance to showcase.

I'm a big fan of Stevie's, but not at the expense of losing games. 39 points means nothing without a win. Steve created his own shots and made alot of them, but at the expense of the rest of the team just standing around and watching. Inexcusable!

6. PCMILLS

PCMILLS Member

Can I hear a big AMEN!!!

7. kerry Mckee

kerry Mckee Member

FREAKIN DEJA VOUS!!!!!!!! The same ol crap, A different season!!! I am sick and tired of all this damn dribbling and one on one basketball by the rockets!! Does Rudy even have a freakin clue?? They need to find a place on the bench for Moochie and his nappy air-fro and leave them there. Moochie would not know a point guard if Majic Johnson was combing that Air-Fro!! The guards all they want to do is dribble and shoot, dribble and shoot. Where was the damn MOTION Offense? The guards to want to pass the ball. Every other team passes the ball to get easy shots, but the Rox act as if they have a dribble policy(I MUST BRIBBLE the BALL at least 15 times before I pass or shoot). DAMN, I believe that Moochie has bought into that STUPID Theory wholeheartedly!!! Mobley and Francis also need to get a clue, pass the damn ball to the post sometime PLEASE before the season is over!! Unless they do, Yao's boxscore and all the post playerswill continue to look anemic!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. aka ace

aka ace Rookie

China almost beat the Dream Team, if they were scrubs how did they do well against them? Don't you remeber Menk Bateer going over everyone that game? Gasol's team lost to the dream team as well.... so you can't say Gasol has hell of a lot better competition than Ming had.

9. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

the numbers you gave on gasol were for the entire year not after his first 10 days of being with the team

10. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

aka ace, I was referring to their league play not the national team.

11. JamesC

JamesC Member

My first reaction when I found out Moochie was starting along with Steve and Cuttino was damn. I hate that line-up. It's counter-productive. They dont accomplish much together on the court.

12. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Well, Yao played more minutes with better stats during the two preseason games than this one. And I think he was LESS THAN 1 week in this country and he didnt even know how to say Wusssup. :rolleyes: