1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The season is over.....when does baseball start again??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SmeggySmeg, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I thought Smeggy was spot on until I read the fine print.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sarcastic or not, the performance tonight was disgraceful, and if the Rockets don't improve drastically they are nothing more than .500 team at best.

They should improve of course, yet you must admit it is amazing how the more time the team has to practice together, the worse they actually get. The first preseason game against Memphis was the most fluid I've seen them offensively in a couple of years.

For a fan to call it pathetic is definitely very fair. Bad playing bad coaching, bad substituting...bad everything = pathetic in my book.

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Next time, remember, Americans don't get sarcasm.

Try poop jokes.

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

That 45 win team was 16-0 against the EC Central. We are now 0-1 against the Central Division. :D

5. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

thats right the rockets need at least 47 wins to be a contender;)

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

That 45win team also racked up most of their victories by abusing the illegal defense rules to Francis' and Mobley's advantage. Unfortunately, 2 seasons later Rudy still hasn't figured out that ISO does not work any more against the new defenses. We will be lucky to win 35 games this year with this offensive strategy.

7. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

That was a makeup game from last year... ;)

8. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

AT and Dreamshake are dead on the mark. There are no more excuses. It's time to start playing games to win them instead of playing them to make the Sportscenter Highlights. Francis and Mobley are still playing like they did their rookie year.

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I agree. Last night's game was the type of game that this team will HAVE to win in order to progress up the playoff ladder. Obviously, the Rockets should be beating teams like Cleveland, Golden State, et. al., but the Rockets really need to beat teams that are on par or slightly above or below the Rockets level. Otherwise, .500 might be the reality.

But this was my same point of view at the end of last season, all summer, and for the rest of the season.

And if we end up getting bit by the injury bug, I hope we at least go 2-0 against the Jazz...that would match the 2-0 championship ring count advantage that we already have over them!:D

10. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I probably shouldn't even post after last night's game, but I'm going to. Right here in Mr. Sarcasm's thread. Duh... I don't get it!!

So, talk about deja vu!! The stevie lovers are saying no one could hit a shot, so .... Nachbar took 2 shots, Ming took one, Hawk took one, Collier took 2. Four players, six shots. They only made 2 shots. They suck! You can't give them the ball. They suck. Don't look at them. They suck.

Well, who else? Eddie was 1-11. That's it. He lost the game. He sucks. Must be Eddie's fault. Who else took that many shots and missed so much? Well, Cato took 8 shots and only made two. Had 32 minutes. How did he get all those rebounds? It looked like he was hardly moving. He has been sick, you know. He had 3 blocks, too. I missed those. I don't remember him hardly jumping. He seriously looked like he was still feeling the effects of the flu.

Who else to blame? Cat! No, Cat played pretty well. Who does that leave?

Rudy! Rudy sucks. Rudy sucks. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights. What was he doing? ...trying to become the first person on t.v. to wear a hole in a wad of gum? Loose the gum, Rudy. Rudy looses sleep, you know, thinking about all the things the team can do offensively. Hey, Rudy, are you going to let the team in on any of those cool things you think up?

Excuse me, I think I have to vomit again.

11. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

This is funny.

Thanks Smegster..........:D

12. WyoRox

WyoRox Member

Quit hogging the toilet! It's my turn...

13. Possum

Possum Member

Thats funny!:D :D :D

14. Possum

Possum Member

Let me try........Dam it why the hell didn't Ming play starters minutes. He was the first pick in the draft. RT acts like Ming's flown halfway around the world, had to learn a new language, get used to a new culture and get used to a whole new league / teammates in the last two weeks. Rudy must be sipping the bottle again to put an experienced player who is familiar with the other players in a game that counts in the standings over a confused rookie with just a few practices under his belt and no real game experience. What is he thinking? RT should be fired and Ming is a bust!

Before anyone rips into me that was my week a$$ attempt at sarcasm. Remember patience is a virtue!;)

15. phxrocket

phxrocket Member

Well if the Rockets suck after losing their first game on the road with 3 starters missing, then the Lakers must really suck since they've lost 2 games including one at home and they only have two starters missing. Yeah, the World Champs suck :rolleyes:

Save the hating until after we get Rice, KT and Mo back and then lose a few games! If we had just one of those 3 players back for the game last night the outcome would have been a Rockets win.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There is a difference between hating and constructive criticism.

17. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Amen

I suggest the bbs should shutdown for 30mins after a loss to let the white line fever decline from the haters/reactionaries systems ;)

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

It would appear that way, although i think some how it has turned on me, a bit like a Blackhole about to collapse on itself:rolleyes:

19. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Azadre:
    It is 1 freaking game. You are crazy man.

20. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

I am just po'ed that Ming did not foul out and get dunked on....we have to get this out of the way early, so the Ming haters can come out even more. I am also upset Francis did not get a Technical : )