1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN experts Lakers-Mavs Series Prediction

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ClutchCity3, May 8, 2011.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

man you don't let up on JVG, me neither

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Props to Chuck for getting the Lakers/Mavs prediction right.

...if I can make another prediction that people haven't been talking about much but soon will:

Lakers are about to enter into a stunning tailspin for a franchise. All those "smart moves" they have made since the Jerry West era? You won't see that for a while. They may or may not acquire Dwight Howard, but it won't matter because I promise you this team is going to start being run in a short sighted spend it all way just like teams in Oralndo and NY do. Ya, they may acquire a few stars but I can't see them being serious contenders in the near future.

Phil is gone and don't underestimate how crucial he was to this team. Jeannie is not far behind him. Say what you an about her but she is a savvy businesswoman and Jerry has been trying to get rid of Jeannie for a while so he can install his son Jim(with not near the qualifications, brains, or personality). Mitch Kuptchek is also on the way out because I don't think he can work with Jim Buss' increasing role with the team. As I understand it, they have butted heads several times in the past as it is.

The writing is on the wall - Phil is leaving and most of the valuable pieces to their front office will be leaving with him soon(give it two years). That leaves a cocky older Jerry Buss being left to pick up the pieces and I don't think he is going to be so lucky this time with one of the greatest coaches ever and some great GMs at his fingertips. For all of us who hate the Lakers, get ready to revel in some hard times for that squad.

3. niquil05

niquil05 Member

We're not experts, God's the only expert." charles barkley

4. Crush

Crush Rookie

I voted Mavs to sweep Lakers 4-0 at the beginning of the series. <i>Knew</i> they would? No. But who <i>knows</i> anything about the future?

I see too much excuse making, backpedaling and rationalizing all on the first page.

Who picked Mavs to win 4-0. I did. Bow before my prescience

5. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

some people need to switch from being a NBA "expert" to a NFL "expert"

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately you weren't prescient enough to actually make this prediction publicly (either by vote or by post), so, no bow for you. :)

7. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

They also unanimously picked the spurs and magic.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"cowboys going to the super bowl!"

:grin::grin::grin: bah hah hah hah hah

watch it come true now. i'm nachodamus!

9. k-money

k-money Member

LOL i was JUST going to post this.

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

The media has been drinking the Lakers cool aid for a few years now.

11. Apps

Apps Member

That's right, I believe he did. I think he also picked the Grizzlies over the Spurs.

12. Theking

Theking Member

Broham, you act like i get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to analyze the damn series. These guys get paid big bucks to make the predictions a seventh grader would make.

Grow some balls for once! If i made that many mistakes at work i'd get **** canned

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

So ESPN should fire them for their predictions being wrong?

Goodness some of yall are ridiculous

14. Theking

Theking Member

Nutsack, When Goldman's advisers predictions are wrong, do you not call for their heads?

People have money riding on these games. I'm guessing you don't since you're clearly a redneck with your "yall" comments

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

If you have money riding on the series then you should know about the series and stop depending on the experts.

Since you don't know **** about basketball I'm guessing you didn't have money on these games.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Barkley is becoming a beast at predictions, you know he wants to be a GM ;) Gitter done Morey... Oh wait.

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Why even bother? The ridiculousness of this thread was obvious from the start and it's pointless to even bother arguing with some folks on here.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

You are right. I should not have took the bait.

19. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Apologies if this has been posted already. Thought it was hilarious. And yes, it never gets old:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-JsJCDw7EcY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Ashes

Ashes Member

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.