1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Matchup Round 2: Lakers (2) vs Mavericks (3)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by underrated015, Apr 29, 2011.

?

Which team in how many games

Poll closed May 29, 2011.
  1. Lakers in 4

16 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. Lakers in 5

32 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Lakers in 6

58 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Lakers in 7

39 vote(s)
    17.5%
  5. Mavs in 4

90 vote(s)
    40.4%
  6. Mavs in 5

25 vote(s)
    11.2%
  7. Mavs in 6

49 vote(s)
    22.0%
  8. Mavs in 7

26 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

They're down 30 and knew they weren't coming back, don't really think Bynum was thinking about "Man I hope this elbow isn't too hard, maybe I should play straight D and be a good boy" when Barea was coming down the lane. He was mentally checked out and found an excuse to physically check out.

2. Awesome

Awesome Member

Sure man, the next time his team is winning a game, and everytime they're winning a game in double digits...every team that is losing should just run at him and kick him in his knee

Thats basically what logic you're using.... that was a womanish move right there.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I heard JJ drove in while up 30

whhillle upppp 30

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I heard Barea got elbowed while driving in, I think he was raped. :eek:

5. ocelot4ark

ocelot4ark Member

OMG. My rape analogy is still perfect for this. You continue to blame the VICTIM. Guess what, tool. There IS no victim if Bynum has enough restraint to not act like a criminal.

Would you still be bashing Barea if Bynum had paralyzed him? Would it still be, "what do you expect?"

There are two facts you should concern yourself with. What JJ Barea did is within the scope of the NBA rule book. What Bynum did is nowhere close. Now ask yourself why you're defending the guy who blatantly broke the rules...maliciously so.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Hard elbow during a pro game = acting like a criminal :rolleyes:

Lot of pro athletes that need to be locked up then.

You're getting too emotional with the analogies, bro. Step away from the keyboard. I've already discussed your points in my previous posts.

7. houseofglass21

You say hard elbow as though it was incidental contact that occurred during a basketball play. It wasn't. It was a deliberate and malicious act intended to harm Barea that had nothing to do with playing basketball, period.

8. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

how you can defend bynum on that is just insane. you should probably redefine you morals or go seek psychological help

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Was it an elbow? Or a fist/knee/head? It was an elbow.

Hard - severity of elbow which can be defined differently by others.

I said hard elbow because I didn't feel like typing out the seven deadly sins, suddenly I'm being disingenuous.

And with that, I'm done here. I've already said what I needed to say. All of you can twitter Bynum with hate tweets and send flowers to Barea.

To the below attempt at sarcasm, it was an elbow to the ribs, not the face.

#1329 v3.0, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  10. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Look, what most of you, and certain JJ, don't understand is that it's not just a game of basketball. It's also about the hood and respect.

When JJ make that play, he not only has to consider how his action would benefit his team, he must also be sensitive to the atmosphere of the time being.

To put it in simpler terms, JJ should consider this equation when he approach Bynum:

what would Bynum do = probability of getting swept * past championship + score difference*time remaining + (weight^(maturity level+education) * past offense) - weather

JJ is just not smart enough to solve this equation, otherwise he would had known the solution is an elbow to the face

What would Bynum do? It is a game within a game, so think hard about that before you try to score

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Hold on there, let me enter your equation into my calculator.

*press =*

"ERM. ERROR OCCURED. PATHETIC ATTEMPTS ARE HUMOR ARE LAME"

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

andrew goofhead bindhim is a nutcase.

any of you believe in karma? This guy is getting his knee blown up again in the very soon future. All his hardcase elbows = more tides of knee buckles and strains."

Bynum's knees are coming to an unforgettable fate.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Dude, its not even about the elbow. Its about the intent. Its about the attitude. Its about the malicious act.

ITS ABOUT HIS CHARACTER.

You do the crime(elbow), you serve the time(hate from media/fans and a tarnished reputation).

Again, I won't argue with you for defending him. Osama's mother would have said Osama is innocent. Thats the way the world works.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I thought it was pretty amusing. He put as much thought into that post as JJ should have during his drive.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

supposedly should have*

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I guess in his minds NBA players have supercomputer brains with micro-processing chips for his ingenius equations. Maybe thats where Kobe Bryant/Andrew Bynum lacked.

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

The Lakers are a carefully crafted together collection of the lowest thugs and garbage grains of society. A tribe of crooked criminals who for all intents and purposes puts on a fake thug passion to parade on their intent for existence, which includes rapes, fights, assaults and innumerable amounts of malicious extremist acts in pathetic attempts to satisfy their bloated ego. It runs in the blood of the Los Angeles Lakers "family". Yeah, they are indeed a "family", closely-knit nonetheless. Dogs can only breed dogs.

So let me introduce you to the members of this wonderful canine family. As a word of warning, please proceed with caution as they may bark/bite/rape as Michael Vick did not have them fed/muzzled/spayed/castrated.

Kobe Bean Bryant - So much for the advancement of a species advancing with time. The only advance this mammal contributed to was the love for mammaries. Other men prefer to leave a city with fond memories, but Kobe Bryant would only leave with fondling mammaries.

"I think it's a total mistake," an NBA director of basketball development, Jon Jennings, says of Kobe Bryant skipping college. The counsel of the wise man always read:"Education is Important". Hah, that couldn't be more true. Education gives people a better understanding of different views. Education gives people a balanced view. Education teaches hardwork and humbleness. When people decided that they want to go to school to learn, it is there that they find out about sharing, commitment, and staying strong through hardship. The work of a matured man would have ingrained in his blood to keep humble, maintain low-profile, and always do more while talk less.

"Woof woof!!" Kobe Bryant sounds. "I fink i hea sum noizes kuminn in2 my ears!!! Wut u tawkin' abowtt? I do not undastdand da wordz dat ar kumming out ov ur mouff.. Oh no!!! neega dis aint u tryin to tell me to pass da ball agen, riite!?!! Woof woof woof!!!"

Oh well. Its a shame Kobe Bryant never got to learn what the word, "commitment", meant.

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Rep me if you think what I wrote above is in agreement with your mindset.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

haha lakers suck

bynum may have been mad about being down ,and them running the score but it was still dirty. Bynum is a chump, and I don't like the guy at all. I don't want him on the rockets, and don't like sore losers. Odom foul was almost as dirty. Odom and Bynum were complete sore losers. Funny that battier got in kobes head more than these guys did, and kobe seemed almost disconnected like he wasn't even on the team. This one is on kobe as much as anyone else. He can say what he wants, but jordans cast was not as talented as gasol bynum artest and odom. Kobe is the closest thing to jordan of the modern era, but still nowhere near jordan. Not even close, and this series seals that reality.

I felt sorry for the lakers for a second , and that felt weird too. To me one of the weakest back to back teams of all time. They got lucky yao was hurt the first year they won, and they got lucky when the refs gave them game 7 last year. Finally exposed in my book. This was more the lakers sucking than dallas being good. Dallas is still dallas ,and prone to implode. I would have liked to see San Antonio play Dallas because I think San Antonio could have beaten Dallas. I also dont think Dallas would beat Miami. Memphis is hard to figure out. Not sure about them ,but have always like Marc Gasol and Randolph. but I dont see Memphis beating Dallas, and dont see thunder beating Dallas. Chicago or ATL dont inspire me yet. So still no clear cut monster team. The NBA has lacked a really awesome team for a while now. These last few years have been off a little IMO.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I haven't finished writing that yet. Kobe is a M@$(@U%$@()%U@king piece of garbage. Now its finally time for the dumbf@$*@U bryants demise. I will be writing a piece on:

rebelling against mother and father leading to total enstragement.
    rape and abuse of women.
    hogging the ball.
    bloated ego with total selfishness.
    would never sacrifice personal individual achievements and stardom for the benefit of the team.
    acts of betrayal and desertion when times got tough.
    behavior akin to a diva and patheticness of character.
    did I mention rape?