1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FOX26: Rockets Interview Frank Vogel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 5, 2011.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well if he can run the same type of offense as Adelman and agree to having Finch on his crew, then why not?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"same type of offense as Adelman"

this is like Notre Dame saying having the same type of offense as Belichick would mean "Win Big" later....sigh

Like Xs and Os is something Morey and Les can draw on a whiteboard, or pick an X dude and a Y dude...and we will puzzle it together...at Yao's Chinese Restaurant on bar napkins...like Rudy used to do.

ok...then couldn't every other team do it as well if it WERE THAT FICKING EASY! Les is an idiot. He is.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

lol fick!:grin: By same type of offense, i meant a motion offense.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And yes, Les is an idiot for getting us into this mess in the first place

5. heypartner

ok. that's exactly what I meant too.

Hey, let's XBox this team with a "motion offense." cool. My NBA Live team doesn't need a coach, right?

****. but no one except Adelman really knows how to get players to do it. I never thought of that. It's not in my stats sheet how a coach actually succeeds beyond another one. They are just assets to me.

#25 heypartner, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Wait, you didn't see Tim Floyd running the crap out of that triangle in Chicago? Or Rambis in Minnesota or Cleamons in Dallas?

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Wait just one minute! Are you really trying to argue we DIDN'T have a schematic advantage over all other college teams?!

:(

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Considering their personnel, the Pacers are better than a 20-18 record in that conference. He made them better, but they didn't play up to par IMO.

9. MandM's

MandM's Member

the rockets are clueless they have no idea what they want. i am concerned. no one interviews this many people for a head coaching job. this has never happened. We are a joke

10. djimi

djimi Member

i think Les Alexander should pull up his sleeves, save himself some money and coach this team himself :p

at this point i think all this interviews is getting a bit ridiculous. its like an interview for a walmart manager post. im sure they already know who they wanna choose before all this happened. im sure DM being a numbers guy would know who to hire by now.

IMO, if Rockets wanna get the best out of the group of guys we have now, we need a continuation from the Adelman game plan. I got a feeling its gonna be someone like Sikma or Turner (hopefully he rescinds on his earlier request). but i still dont mind taking our chances on someone like Cassell or Ellie. but that would be a too drastic of a change. maybe if we wanna aim for lottery pick in 2012 we might get it.

anyway, Vogel doesnt get my vote. off season sux!! gonna be a long summer watching memphis play hawks in the NBA finals :p

11. eeeZZY

eeeZZY Member

i think we need a coach that has coached in the West or has a winning record in the West. Vogel 41-41 in East last season. different story.

12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

hopefully, a new coach wll be placed next week..

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

They arent interviewing this many people for a head coaching job.

They are building an entire staff in case they hire a new head coach who doesnt already have an established one.

14. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Much like John McClain, if the source is Richard Justice, ignore.

15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

You guys are really letting the media mess with your heads. Unless you are in Les' office everyday you don't know who they are REALLY interviewing for the job. Sounds like they are traveling to places to talk to the guys they are serious about. Not all these names you here just dropping by the toyota center.

Unless they hire phil, JVG, Doc, or some other high profile coach you guys wont agree with it. So just sit back and let this run it's course. We are not going to be title contenders next year anyway and our roster will change over the next couple of years. It's a process people.

1 person likes this.
  16. heypartner

that's because we had one of the most high profile coaches in the history of the league, who the players clicked with, and who got them to play beyond their ability...and the owner couldn't get along with him.