1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] Steve Francis visits elderly, has coaching suggestion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Apr 22, 2011.

1. bloop

bloop Member

Agree but how could anyone think SF was ever a bad guy?

Dude was all heart (and no brains) loyal as hell to Houston and to his teammates.

Also incredible physical ability and talent up there with Wade and Rose.

Brain wattage and BBALL IQ questionable but he was a hell of a player and a good all around guy.

2. vince

vince Member

He was a special player. It's just that he wasn't a true point guard. He could not control the tempo of a game. People aim at his Basketball IQ - but it was his point guard IQ that was bad.

Steve was a 20 points 6 assist and 5 rebounds type of player. If he'd of been a Shooting Guard, he would have been a HOF player.

3. acjeitherocket

lmaoooooo

4. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

getcha head outcha ass, Im sure ur one of those ppl that takes themself/life way too seriously.. Im sure he wasnt campaining 'to bring Stevie back' wtf you get that idea from overanalyzer?

ppl hate on Franchise way too much and it isnt deserving, the man loves HOU and I luved watchin him play in his prime, go Stevie Franchise!!!

5. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

he wasnt the smartest indiviidual but he has brains, thats just rude.. thats like me calling you a jackass unjustly, now isnt that rude?

6. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

a reality check from what? the guy just played bball for a living and his career flamed out in the end and now hes simply living life after, i dont get you guys with these comments, yall are thinkin way too deep about it.. Stevies doing a great thing in the community and I commend him on it

1 person likes this.
  7. rocketsmetalspd

SF3 was pure heart on the court and he is still loyal to the city. Glad to see he didn't ballon like most NBA players that don't play anymore.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Stevie was amazingly skilled and talented, with loads of pure heart and to this day loves the city of Houston. It's a shame he didn't have the bball IQ to go with it but at least he never pulled out a T-Mac on us. (sure, NY or other cities yeah, but never Houston)

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

Haha imagine steve coaching the rockets. He'd flip the bird to the refs and try to fight the opposing team when they hard foul yao. I wonder what offense he runs. He probably starts himself in the lineup. :grin:

On a serious note, I can't believe he has been here for 14 years already. Traded twice, once before xmas and is still loyal to the city. That loyalty is rare these days.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Thinking too deep about what? Hasn't he been seen drinking it up a little too much at night? Doesn't he look visibly tired, like he hasn't slept? Doesn't he look too thin? I just have to open my eyes to see that. It could be drugs, alcohol, partying, family issues, or simply just frustration from a shortened career. Who knows, but he seems to be doing better and/or getting past whatver he had been dealing with. Or maybe this is him on a good day. I don't know. I didn't claim to know, he just came off differently, like someone who had a reality check and was just thankful to be living or getting on with life.

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I'll never lose my love for Steevie. I wish we could have gotten a couple more years out of him.

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

This video of Steve really brought a smile to my face ........a reminder to all of us. (of many things) :)

As far as on the court, Vince did a pretty good job of summing it up. I'm in total agreement that he should have played the two. In retrospect, I probably would have dealt Cat ...In addition to Francis needing to play the 2, it was always my impression that these two weren't the best influence on each other.
    Also, when I looked at Stevie, I saw an incredible athlete, but not a great basketball player...Again though, that is probably more from the attempt to put a square peg in a round hole.

Regardless, BRAVO Steve Francis! It looks as if he's winning the most important game.

13. blackistan

blackistan Member

this guy is still one of my favorite players but I am concerned for him he doesn't look too good

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Oh look, it's THAT guy.

15. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Pretty sure I'm the one with his head out in the open. I have no problem with Stevie personally. I don't blame the guy for any off the court issues in the past, because I'm not saint myself, and I don't care to be. It's obvious that he is, and probably always was, a good guy.

However, if we're talking about the actual game of basketball, I wouldn't want him to have anything to do with the decision making on my team. The only thing he proved throughout his career was the fact that he was a chucker. A damn good one, but a chucker who didn't win anywhere he went. Tyreke Evans reminds me of a poor mans Francis when they play point.

Best of luck to him though. :grin:

16. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Indeed. Say what you want about The Franchise, but it's nice to see him so loyal to the city and it looks like he's getting his priorities in life back on track.

Damn is he skinny though or what?

17. matt8504

matt8504 Contributing Member

Yeah I saw him about 2 weeks ago when he came into my store also looked hung over that morning.

18. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

If we could've had SF teach Tmac a thing or two about playing basketball with more heart..

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'm a big Francis supporter. I don't care if I look like a "homer" doing that.

But...Francis's Rocket's comeback basically was in the same line as a T-Mac. Clutch said it best - we the Rockets fans should be MAD at Francis for not prioritizing basketball in his life and for not trying to make it happen on the court.

Though expectations really weren't that big with Francis. Fans kinda had a feeling Francis wasnt "all there" anymore.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stevie was an original Rocket, we got to see he him rise and fall.
    He's always loved the city of Houston and the fans of Houston, not just the fans of himself.