1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Woodson interested in Rockets coaching position

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Audioout, Apr 19, 2011.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

thats gonna be the biggest problem. whoever the coach is won't be as good as adelman. unless of course the rockets get phil, sloan, pop, or pat riley.

2. blackistan

blackistan Member

better than mike brown

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Oh god. :(

"Guys, what are you doing? If you are over 7'0" DUNK THAT ****!"

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think he's for this team, Because he needs a superstar to run his basic offense. But he's a proven defensive coach, even Lebron gave him credit for improving his defense.

Also Lebron was DPOY candidate under Brown, but so far not so much with the Heat.

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

The biggest thing I've feared about this team is becoming the Atlanta Hawks of the West. Talented team, but never a serious contender. And now we might hire Mike Woodson?

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Great, Mediocre team with a mediocre coach. Seriously Atlanta was like the definition of mediocrity in the East.

7. Chamillionaire

DO NOT WANT Mike Woodson

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

If we get Mike Woodson I hope the lockout never ends

1 person likes this.
  9. Htown's2kFinest

Is better than Mike Brown or Larry Brown. LB probably wouldn't even play half the of our players or care less about developing any. Mike Woodson's iso offense would work well with a guy like Twill. :eek:

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Thanks but no thanks.

11. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

Damn carl! so much talk about honor, sounds like a chinese movie :grin: insert random confucius quote :grin:

On a serious note, I think the assistant coach from the spurs is our best bet! Bring in a guy that preaches basic fundamentals plus a legitimate BIG either as part of FA or the draft, and we're all set.

12. Treeza

Treeza Member

Too bad that doesn't exist on this team outside of thabeet...I can only imagine the post game interviews though...

"Clyde you guys won a big game tonight, what are your thoughts"

"Ya think? Hehehe"

"Clyde, Patrick Patterson had a block that seemed to energize the team tonight, what did you say to get him fired up like that?"

"NOT IN MY HOUSE (COOKIE MONSTER VOICE) "

13. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I don't often use a lot of profanity, especially since this bbs clearly goes to some lengths to discourage it through censorship, but F-U-CK NO!!!!

14. inishi

inishi Member

Lol, my thoughts exactly. Don't see that working with the rockets who have little to no ISO talent outside of Kmart. that would be ugly. We would have horrible offense with no defense.

15. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

MW isn't a terrible coach, assistant under Larry Brown.
    But I'm with most, not really who I would want.

I don't know how uncool this is about to be, whatever, but if he wasn't almost 80 and retired, I like Hubie. I think he can get the most out of whoever is on your roster, good IQ of the game, and seems to make good chemistry/relationships with players.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Budenhozer will not leave a good organization to join a dishonorable house of horrors.

[​IMG]

17. seanluu

seanluu Member

I know, for A FACT, that the Rockets have already contacted Woodson. Don't be too suprised.

18. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

mike woodson's offense is the antithesis to the motion offense. if it happened we would see a LOT of dead spots in the future.

19. nwcougar1

nwcougar1 Member

If the Rockets hire ANY of the above mentioned coaches after giving a coach like Adelman the boot I'll be pissed. None of these guys come anywhere close to being in the same league as RA.

20. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

I think the clutchfans philosophy for the new coach is no to black coaches lol.