1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fran Blinebury dissing Morey - Would Scapegoat Adelman Fit Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dakeem1, Apr 18, 2011.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Durvasa put it into much better words,

2. kawaiitokowaii

[NBA.com] Would Scapegoat Adelman Fit Lakers?

Did not see this posted. Lock if already done...

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/04/18/would-scapegoat-adelman-fit-lakers/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

3. AnnaMegan

AnnaMegan Member

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Fran's an idiot. He spends the first half blasting Morey for constantly trading people and pulling the rug from under Adelman by dealing Battier/Brooks

Host: But couldn't you say Morey made the right choice? The Rockets were a better team without Battier and Brooks had a miserable year.

Fran: uhh.. well.. uhh.. yeah.....

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Fran is an idiot, don't know why anybody gives him any sort of respect, he's been spewing vitriol for years, most of it nonsensical crap.

1 person likes this.
  6. what

what Member

I just want to point out that the Grizzlies actually got Darrell Arthur. Fran Blindbury is senile.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Fran's just got an axe to grind. His MO is to take a dump on the Rockets FO or McGrady whenever he can.

I'm shocked there wasn't a song chorus of some 1960's drivel quoted in the beginning of the article, like "Age of Aquarius" or something.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this. don't even waste your time reading his stuff.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Fran may indeed be an idiot but I'm having some trouble completely dismissing what he's written. To wit:

Basically he right about this one. One of the primary reasons JVG was "dismissed" was because Les & Co. felt that a more experienced offensive-minded head coach was needed. Les wanted to see a more uptempo game than waht had been played under JVG.

Can't argue with this statement as well. I have been predicting this to happen from the start. In Houston, the head coach always takes the fall for the mistakes of the organization. In the end, the fact that Adelman managed to win games despite losing the two players who since 2006 were projected to be the foundation of the team and around whom this team was constructed accounted for nothing.

Ouch! Harsh to be sure but that is just one way to look at what Morey's strategy. To be fair, I don't ever recall Morey or the Rockets promising much of anything. But he's right about Morey sticking with the TMac/Yao blueprint for far too long which is why the Rockets now find themselves stuck in the NBA's No Man's Land of mediocrity.

Now this is entirely subjective because they jumped around equally as much under CD who produced far worse results than what DM has so far. However, he's right in that the DM runs this team like a NBA garage sale (so to speak) in that his constant acquisition of marginal players and draft busts has really led to a disjointed situation between the coaching staff and front office which is the primary reason Adelman is no longer the head coach.

Now here I'm forced to agree because Fran is dead on with this statement. It is now apparent that Morey's plan for the 2010-2011 season rested solely on Yao's ability to come back and last throughout the entire season despite all evidence to the contrary that this plan had very little chance for success (see previous years with Yao). There was no plan B in case Yao failed to make it. Now the cynic in me says that this was indeed according to plan as when Yao went down, it produced a ready made excuse for another failed season. However, the realist in me sees this as another indication that DM really doesn't know what to do or how to proceed so he basically half-stepped here.

Fran is correct about this as well. The stated purpose of DM's maneuvers has been to acquire a wealth of so-called "assets" with which to wheel and deal for a "superstar". So far, he HAS come up empty in that respect.

Correct again and that's where the problem lies. Because Adelman is a really good coach, he was able to prevent the Rockets from falling to the level of a Toronto, Cleveland or a Minnesota. Hence, he would continue doing so which means that the Rox would be a 40 something win team on the margins of the playoffs given the lack of star players and the constant churn of said players by the front office.

While the 2011 NBA Draft looks somewhat weak, it is the 2012 NBA Draft that appears to be loaded with the type of players the Rockets desperately need in order to turn things around in a big way. They really need to get a high draft position in order to do that which would require the team to perform downward which wouldn't happen under Adelman. He's simply too good a coach which is why he had to go. This move basically buys Les and DM another year or two of grace (new coach, new system, yada yada yada). Besides, RA wants to get that NBA Championship on his resume before he hangs it up for good and that simply wasn't going to happen here. RA will be just fine - he'll land on his feet in a place with a legit chance to win it all. As for the Rockets...

True again only THIS time that someone will be named Daryl Morey. Don't know about you folks but I'm already looking forward to the PR Spin Job that is to come from Les & Co:

Rockets 2011: New Coach, New Beginning and Yao Ming: The Comeback, Part VI

10. gah

gah Member

Regarding Adelman's future, for him I would like him to go to a team on the rise, like the very same Miami Heat and not to a team in the fall like the Lakers, Zen master himself must be a nerve-wreck doubting if that team still has what it takes, after this season it could be like what happened to Ruddy all over again.-

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This just blows. Adelman is going to end up in LA or Miami. ggggaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

12. 34to11

34to11 Member

Thank you Sir.
    Excellent breakdown with which I couldn't agree more.