1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Rick Adelman is out as Houston Rockets coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by karthik.08, Apr 18, 2011.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Everyone just turn off your minds until the Rockets hire their next coach. I'm afraid that once we all accept that Adelman is gone, Les and Morey will drop another turd and hire Mike Brown or Woodson. ya turd?

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Finally someone gets it.

And Rick would be a great coach if the Rockets had a superstar...but they don't and one just isn't going to fall from the sky unless Durant decides he does in fact want to play for his favorite childhood team.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who are you and what have you done with our beloved Deckard?

;)

DD

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

Yao Ming should be the new coach

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I have been blasted for holding "Certain" players on a pedestal as well, which I don't either, so I don't really know which way things really are.

let me simplify further:

you're trying to make the case that team was talented. you couldn't

so now its turned in to a Your not-giving-players-credit-scenario because I stated it was coaching was an integral part.

Than you use a quote from the opposing team's coach who is being embarrased repeatedly (now why was he being embarrased?) for losing to such a team.

So he says "Give them some ****ing credit."

He says this not to complement the rockets, but to save face of his own team.

I don't think you understand what PJ meant by that. He didn't actually believe that lakers team whored with talent should be losing to the rockets under any circumstance and the rockets were just so good.

6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I cannot believe that so many ppl are freaking out and acting like it is doomsday right now. Am I the only person who thought it was pretty obvious Adelman wouldn't be back?!?! Jesus, just relax until we actually know who the next coach is. It may not be all that bad. Maybe we will get to see the Rockets actually play defense when they take the court next year....

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I made the case. Just go back to the start of the season and what everyone said about the team. But I guess you were not around then, people here LOVED the team Morey assembled. Also The team lost in 7 games to the champions.

Period.

The difference is I give some credit to the players but you give all of it to Adelman.

8. inishi

inishi Member

Wait, did you really just compare Rick adelman to Vinny del negro. And you called idiots? You can't even begin to compare the bulls coaching change with the rockets. Vinny del negro was probably holding them back, but you're freaking delusional if you put them in the same category. The problem is the ONLY thing holding the rockets back is their roster, not Rick. Do you not understand that. Its not a difficult concept to grasp. Hill isn't very good, and twills trade value was never high. If you want to watch the Sacramento rockets for the next half decade, you might be getting your wish. They got rid of a great coach, acquired a good deal of talent, and look what good it has done them.

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

RA sure did a great job getting his scrubs on this team: Bonzi Wells (sort of), Bobby Jackson, Brad Miller. Overpaid and under-performed.

10. inishi

inishi Member

Dude, that was when we thought this was a team centered around a returning Yao, a dominant center. That would be an outstanding team. He would have some great role-players and a strong bench. That lasted 5 games. Where were you?

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think the team is quite talented.... as in the individual players have talent that they may or may not use ... the team Morey assembled has a lot of potential. I think Adelman did a great job of coaching us last year.... but the players on the team that have the biggest potential for improvement ( Hill, Twill) never got much of a chance to prove themselves and see if they could realize some of that potential.

Another possible boon of Adelman leaving is that we get to see exactly what those players could bring to the table instead of them being unknowns like they are now. That way we can atleast see what kind of position we are in for the future. I would rather let them play during a test season than plan on contending and then have to have them fill a role because of injury or whatever.

Also i dont think Adelman should be blamed if the team did not live up to its potential... he is just a guy that will stick to veterans ... and why not.. he wants to win and playing the veterans at that time gave him the better chance. Morey realized its time to commit to rebuilding... I just hope they dont hire a veteran coach in hopes of winning that would really be a mistake.

1 person likes this.
  12. albuster

albuster Member

Perfect summary of the Rockets from the championship days leading up to this stunning event today. I hope Alexander will start to find a buyer for this team asap. That would be the best change for Houston's NBA fans. That may be the only hope for the Rockets to win another championship.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, because VDN Bulls actually improved. Even though they showed signs of improvement, they made the coaching change. That is the similarity. Sorry you couldn't see that. So how was VDN holding them back? All signs said he was helping the team go forward...Rockets made a slight improvement from last year to this one...

Yep I understand that completely. The Rockets do not have a star player and scraping on by being mediocre is not going to get you that.

Actually the Kings are just now running into talent. Blame their GM for sucking for so long.

14. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

The loss of RA is hugely demoralizing. After 25 years as a Rockets fan I think I'm finally giving up on my all-time favorite team.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're responding to the wrong thing. We are talking about a different year.

16. albuster

albuster Member

That is unfair! Like him or hate him DD was day and night smarter than this guy.

17. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Some people are reporting that Adelman didn't want to incorporate Morey's advanced stats into his game plan and that was a big point of disagreement. Lol @ Rick the Ruler b****-slapping Morey's approach and being successful at the same time. It must have hurt the "wizard's" inflated ego to see that. There's a reason Rick is going to the hall of fame and Les and Morey haven't really accomplished anything. Apparently, Adelman knows what it takes to be successful in this league and the other two don't, even though they think they do.

18. STR8Thugg

Also, for those nimrods who believe that the Rockets were not a talented team when they took the Lakers to 7 games, you all really need to take a trip down memory lane. That team WAS TALENTED. There is a reason that they won 53 games. It is really a joke that some of you think a team with Ron Artest, AB, Scola, Battier, Landry, Lowry, Hayes, and Yao lacked talent. Sure Yao went down in game 3, and of course they were not the most talented team in the league, but just because they hustled and played hard every night did not mean they didn't have talent. That notion is just a complete joke. And for those of you that hate on me for mentioning AB as one of our talented players, don't be so quick to forget how exciting and explosive he was when he was younger, hungrier, and still developing his game. Do not let this completely disastrous season thwart your judgement.

19. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Bottom line, this wasn't a basketball decision. Rick's a basketball guy who knows how to win. Morey's a lab geek who only knows numbers. Les trust Morey because he'll save him $$$ by losing for the next 10 years. Rick wants to win, the rockets unfortunately dont

20. STR8Thugg

Successful because he won more games than he lost??? Please, in the past 2 seasons we won 42 and 43 games, and all we have to show for it is 2 #14 draft picks. Btw, how many titles has Rick won?!?!