1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

if not adelman, it will be mike brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Apr 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I would prefer Mike Jones over both of them.

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Mike Brown? Mike freaking Brown? Geez, management is ready to tank. This sucks.

Hey Les, suck it up and bring in a good coach, don't give us this crap. Preferably, do everything you can to retain Adleman.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That is a massive massive insult to JVG. JVG owned Mike Brown and always kept "The King" well below his averages when the rockets played the Cavs.

4. Mooch

Mooch Member

yeah lets watch our guards do isolation plays all game :rolleyes:

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

If it's Mike Brown, I ain't watching no more.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Add me in to the camp that has a very low opinion of Mike Brown. Not much more than a seat warmer. I never saw any signs that he was worthwhile in system philosophy, game planning, game management, or player development.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I would put Mike James in before Mike Brown.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Seriously. If we're THAT ready to tank let's just go coachless. Appoint Terrence Williams player-coach and away we rolll.... :p

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't really care if it's a massive insult to JVG or not. Point is they both excel at defense but lack coaching offensively. People on this board whined they wanted Adelman gone because they wanted a defensive coach where here you have it

Be careful what you wish for

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i'm making a list of every mike brown fan.

society needs to know who they are so they can be quarantined, studied and possibly eliminated from the gene pool.

11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

No thanks to Mike Brown....:mad:

12. PeppermintCandy

Maybe Morey believes Mike Brown has the best chance of getting through to the younger players like Williams, Thabeet or whomever else he'll bring in. After all, the name of the game now seems to be building up young prospects.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Huh - denniscd says bring in Mike Brown and suddenly he is coach du jour? For everyone excited over that comment let me tell you Mike Brown's secret plan to steal Lebron and make them a package deal for the Rox! :grin:

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Pardon my ignorance but what is so wrong with mike brown?

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

God, I hope not... Please say no to Mike Brown.

16. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WPb2nZPxffU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

we are screwed if this is true.. given our current roster, Jerry Sloan would be a better/logical choice. If not RA then at least Elston Turner or bring JVG back.

Please keep RA though.

17. verse

verse Contributing Member

Why is the OP lent any credence and/or credibility when his objectivity clearly has left the building? I have never seen such blind, unmitigated idolation for a coach, refusing to acknowledge even the most logically constructed critiques or criticisms. Armless men have better grasps of objectivity.

#117 verse, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Brown was part of the whole dysfunctional machine at Cleveland that gave LeBron whatever he wanted. I'm not sure what qualifications he has to coach in the NBA since any moron can call screen after screen.

19. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Jesus, Mike freak'n Brown.... Really? I rather be a Cav's fan...

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

M.Brown is a decent coach.

If this is true, this will be his second coaching job. So maybe he has learned a thing or two?

Really though, the main problem people have with Brown is it never did seem like he was in control of the team. It was Lebron's team, it always felt like Lebron was the Player-coach for that team.

Brown would be...interesting. He does have a good resume, especially as a assistant. His head coaching resume is basically Lebron James.

But he did coach very good teams in Cleveland and they always were very good defensively. I don't think you can even credit Lebron James there because he even gave Brown credit for his defensive philosophies. Also that Brown was the main guy under Popovic for a while says a lot.

I don't think he's as horrible as people make him seem.