1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Rick Adelman is out as Houston Rockets coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by karthik.08, Apr 18, 2011.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

omg.

The only reason you would say that is because of Rick's system. Ironically.

Yao played one game vs the lakers.

Put anyone of those players on seperate teams and watch them perform.

I think the commentary during that series should have been enough to indicate how ****ty and deprived of talent the rockets were.

Sorry, but this was a very very fail post.

2. rockettexan24

rockettexan24 Member

In the gameday threads, people did nothing but complain about adelman, but now they miss him??? Can houston fans stop overreacting and acting emo just once

3. YouGuysAreCrazy

This organization made a huge mistake letting Adelman go. It's not so much that he had an amazing winning percentage with a team that was made to complement a player that wasn't there. If I were a Rockets player, at this point, I would feel that the organization see's me as more of a walking dollar sign than a human being. It's sad.

And to the people who rag on Adelman because he didn't play the young guys... I'm pretty sure the players loved him for that. Adelman wanted to win. When you're a professional athlete I imagine you have a certain degree of competitiveness. Even if you don't make it into the playoffs, it's nice to know that your coach has your back on such a basic level. It's nice to know that he wants to win as much as you do.

I'll miss you fuhrer Adelman!

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

i don't know if you know the difference between complaining about tiny things to the severity and stupidity of the decision made just right now.

Its human nature to find tiny things to compain about when you have it as good as can be. Lakers fans still complain about PJ...but that doesn't mean they wouldn't pissed if he was fired.

5. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I can't help but feel that the Rockets are going to suck for a few more years.

6. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Seems financial (unless Rick really didn't want to be here), and I could understand it being a business move (for the record I don't like it, I'm just looking at the business reasons someone might do it).

If there is some kind of lockout or whatever from the next cba, giving a few million to a coach for worst case scenario a shortened season is probably what Les doesn't want to do.

He might think that if they get better as a team with a cheaper coach great, if not, they suck/tank just in time for a good 2012 draft class. Or if we remain mediocre and still don't make the playoffs, he saved himself a few million with a cheaper coach (I can't say I would blame him, we talk about it, but really it's not our millions on the line)

Whatever, it all depends who they get. If we become better and fill our holes, I'll be fine with it. If we suck and get a top draft pick (and get a star that way), I'll be OK too.

If we get a cheap coach and still suck worse, and still don't get a star or pick, this was a horrible move (especially if Rick wins somewhere else).

Time will tell

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Okay, I'm sure none of those guys would have been successful under Phil Jackson :rolleyes:

It's pointless even arguing with you, I don't remember the last time you said anything negative about Rick Adelman.

You peeps are so biased you think the only reason these guys play well is because Rick Adelman is coaching them.

At the end of the day, these guys have to make their shots. At the end of the Day, Lowry has to work on his shot. At the end of the day, Martin has to hit the shots, at the end of the day Scola has to hit the shot.

Give some credit to the players.

Rick doesn't even think that by the way...

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The Lakers wouldn't kick PJ to the curb just because the season was shortened. The Spurs wouldn't dump Pop. That's crazy talk, or it's the type of thing that the Clips would pull--and we all know where the Clips end season after season.

Rumor is that Mike Brown is the leading candidate for the coaching spot. Replacing Adelman with Brown is so stupid it's like some kind of sick joke.

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I keep hearing our GM has failed to get this and that. I don't think ANY other GM could of stepped in and filled those holes. A lot of the opportunities have come and gone based on player's decisions. I do agree that we should of kept Adelman. We had one of the best offenses in the league.

1 person likes this.
  10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

As a fan the reason I love Adelman is that I love to watch his system. It's beautiful basketball.

As the Rockets' record since the All Star Break shows it's also winning basketball. I'm not optimistic that you'll be able to say that about the Rockets for the next two or three years.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This is debatable. Of the 25 teams we played post all-star break, 9 of them had winning records. Look at the season as a whole, a rough first half and a not so rough second half leads to a mediocre season.

12. Relentless

Relentless Member

Yao played 3 games that series.

His injury came in game 3

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yao played 3 games. Sorry but this was a very very fail post.

14. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

Who the hell are we going to get that is better than RA?

15. inishi

inishi Member

The rockets that took the Lakers to 7 were without Yao the majority of the series. I think that is what he meant.

16. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I hear ya, I don't like it either. But really if Rick won a championship(s) like Phil Jackson and Pops he wouldn't be going anywhere either. I will say that Les did keep Rudy T around for a while after the championship years. So I think if Rick won a ring like those guys I think he would still be here.

Don't get me wrong, I was one of the bigger keep rick posters here. We'll see what happens.

I don't like it, but the jury is still out until after next year's record (and our draft pick number) for me anyways.

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

i meant in the wins. It takes 3 wins to take a team to 7 games.

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I think the organization is wholeheartedly committed to finding a franchise player in the draft.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would say "great post," but you are missing a few obvious points that help obviate this move for the Rockets. Let me explain:

1. Hall of fame coaches grow on trees.
    2. It is really easy to take a bunch of 2nd stringers and become the 4th best team in the league in offense.
    3. It is easy to have catch and shoot juggernauts like Chuck Hayes on the floor, and give a lot of minutes to Aaron Brooks this season, and still lead the league in assists. Hell, even ME as coach could have led to that.
    4. Watching a good offense is overrated.

And last but not least...
    5. It is easy to make the playoffs when most of your money is invested in a guy that never plays. I would cite numerous examples but there really aren't any examples.

END ****ING SARCASM. I AM SO MAD.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lowry: Sad but understand it's a business.

Miller: He's the reason I came down here. I'm definitely sad.

Scoop Berman(Mark Berman of FOX26) says keep an eye on Mike Brown and Mike Woodson(who lives in Katy)