1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigan: Squid likely to be dangled for trade w/ or w/o Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Htown's2kFinest

If this is true than it's on Morey. Trade him for a 1st rounder and now wants to trade him where he might now even get equal value back.

Rick Adelman should be back. Morey should be gone.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just no.

3. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Just get whatever the team can get for him. It would not be much as the 1st round pick the team gave up but for damage control, get something BACK!

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Fixed.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Anthony Randolph was being offered for a first round pick...The Rockets should have traded for him instead.

6. AXG

AXG Member

And to think, the Rockets gave away a first round pick for him...

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I was begging for this move. :(

8. Raven

Raven Member

That's a lottery protected pick, right? Which means the Rockets keep the pick if they don't make the playoffs next year.

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

This certainly brings joy to my heart.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I thought Avery Johnson was a young and hungry coach, but I guess I was wrong. Were he really young and hungry, he would have played Terrence more. The fact is, Avery is just a young fat and happy coach just like Adelman is old fat and happy.

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I doubt they would like to take a chance on it though....but if they did an he turned out of be a borderline all-star it would be the second time that the bobcats have taken a player who didnt play much under RA ad turned him into a borderline all-star(Gerald Wallace)

12. NMS is the Best

I don't think NBA teams are that interested in T-Will to give up a lottery protected 1st for him. We'll most likely end up stuck with him. In other words, T-Will is going to be playing for RGV until he gets his head on straight...

13. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Or He becomes a cap filler on a trade that would bring the team a building piece for the future.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Point me to where Aaron Brooks was, and I quote "players who are sucky headcases now before they potentially get more exposed for being sucky headcases in the future" when he still had value.

In other words, tell me when Brooks was sucking for us but somehow Morey could pawn him off for a lot of good stuff.

15. acjeitherocket

Free T-will....lmao

16. worzel gummidge

Well, if you believe the draft rumors, then Morey tried to package Brooks for a higher pick every year.

17. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

How bout the next best thing: Rasheed Wallace. The guy knows ball. Probably would lead the league in techs, even as a coach.

18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

People would be saying the same thing about him as they are of T-Will..

prolly minus the tweets

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Signing Brad Miller, though I think it was Adelman pushing him to do so.

A future lottery protected 1st and JT were not a lot to give up for T-Will who's a solid defender and had a few 20+ point games last season. We took a risk on being able to straighten him out and it failed...take that with all the risks that have panned out well. No one bats a thousand.

Part of the rebuilding process.

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The context of the trade for TWill was the team was going nowhere (late Dec-early Jan). Inconsistent production from the SF position from Shane and Bud. Yes, you've got your team of high-character guys but you're not going anywhere. So Morey decides to go to his next move--high upside guys but greater risks (see TWill and Thabeet).

TWill was supposed to answer our need for an athletic wing who can play both ends of the court. During the few minutes TWill had his head on, he showed excellent passing skills. If we are patient to grow him, we play TWill when we want to iso and let the players adlib.

The trade could still work out but the ball is on TWill's court now.