1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Adelman and the Rockets could soon agree to an amicable divorce

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So Morey think an unproven, undisciplined player should be enough reason for getting rid of a future HOF coach?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What team have you been watching this season?

The Clippers are closer to contending then we are. Please be more realistic.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, that's just a stupid move. If they get rid of RA I might as well just stop watching until we get the next impact player like Blake Griffin because this team will suck. I think Les should realize the only reason his team is making money has been because there was a sliver of hope of being in contention. Nobody is gonna pay to watch a crap team in today's economy.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Oh well. I guess "true fans" should embrace all idiotic decisions :rolleyes:

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Really, a team that won 20 less games than we did is closer to a contender? Why, because they have one really good player?

6. REEKO_HTOWN

Sounds like you're talking about the Thunder of 3 years ago.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Adelman spent half a season trying to do that, and then said screw it and went back with the JVG style of ball. Our first year with Adelman resembled Gundy-ball in both production and in style. If anything, it was only after Yao's injury, which coincided with Artest/T-Mac's departure, that the Rockets truly changed their style.

Also, in Portland, Drexler and Porter had very high usage rates. They were like the Pistons-lite, with a brawny frontline and two scoring guards.

In the end, Adelman adjust to his roster, not just his stars, rather than cater to any particular player. If we still had T-Mac and Yao, I'd dare say our offense would look like a more efficient version of JVG-era rather than resemblance to today's club.

8. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah, it's not hard to improve when you add 2 of your 4 best players in one offseason (not even including Perkins), lol. You act like they kept that rotation the same and just magically got better. If we can add 2 players of Ibaka's and Harden's caliber to fill our holes then we'll be a 50+ win team as well.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

Guess what? To get good draft pick position to get such players you have to trade away good players (OKC/Seattle sold it all including Ray Allen). They rebuilt faster/better than any team I've ever seen

You have to rebuild and rebuild smart. Morey knows this and knows that you can either pray to trade for a starr or draft one. We've failed miserabley trading for one so now its time to draft one.

OKC is not as good as they are now by luck. Presti has drafted fantasicly and Morey could do the same with better draft position. Look what Morey has done with Middle and late picks!?!

10. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Ugh. I like rick. He did so much with so little.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Bingo!

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Did you not see all of the playoff teams we beat without a true center?

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Exactly. A really good player that our 6'6 center continuosly shut down.

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Have to feel for Rick though, he came here to coach Yao and T-Mac but ended up coaching Chuck and Martin.

15. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

You can only re tool around a star, we are rebuilding.

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

SMH..

I know it will ruffle some feathers, but REEKO is right. Give me a Griffin + Gordon core over these lovable Rockets any day.

17. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

So true! He did an awesome job with what was left. A new coach would be interesting but staying with Adelman for at least one more year would have been the best. Give Him an opportunity to coach an intact line up ( or close to one ) from the start to the end to determine His effectively as a coach.

18. dartherus

dartherus Member

Did you check the record of the team AFTER THE TRADE DEADLINE? almost 70% of WINS

Did you notice how improved was teamplay/chemistry, one the biggest chemistry killer, ballhog was gone?

YOU BE REALISTIC, this roster was hard to get to this point of chemistry and understanding of Adelman's system. Got out of the playoffs? Did you notice Yao breaking up at the begining of the season? do yuo think it didn't screw things up? morale, team system, planning?

Now that adjustments were made, FO want to start over again?

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree with what you say here. But I also think that he didn't have enough offensive tools inheriting JVG's roster.

It's definitely true that if Yao and McGrady were healthy, the style would have been very different. But I am also sure that given time to gel and better players acquired by Morey, the offense would have been much more efficient and smooth than during the JVG era. Even with Drexler and Porter, his Blazers were not like give it to Clyde and let him do his thing.

McGrady didn't adapt to the style at first because he was used to the give it to TMac and let him do his things offense. After he got injured and watched how the team could win without him, TMac finally bought into the concept, at least somewhat, and that when the 22-game streak happened. Remember, the streak began BEFORE Yao went down. They started to play good efficient ball with BOTH of the stars on the court.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member