1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA]Kenneth Faried

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Roxs-Redemption, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Roxs-Redemption

Kenneth Faried rebounds like his mother's life depends on it

Story (Writen by Chris Dortch):
    Prospect Video available on the link (as shown above)

------------------------------------
    Any chance of Rocket's drafting him?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see us deal Scola to the Pacers in a Granger package so we can let Patrick Patterson start, and draft Kenneth Faried... :grin:

I am a huge fan of beast PF's...

3. srrono

srrono Member

he is projected to be late teens early tweenties pick I like him maybe we can grab hium with our extra pick or trade back

4. Rockets_4_life

"6'8" eww, no thanks ... nothing against the guy, that's a great inspirational story. I just don't want another under size 4 on the roster..

5. Roxs-Redemption

Some compare him as Gerald Wallace...

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I watched Faried play for the first time today, but I'm quite confident that he plays nothing like Gerald Wallace.
    Faried might only be 6'8, but he's a big man. He has a knack for rebounds, is limited on offense and plays solid defense. Rick Pitino compared him to Dennis Rodman, which from what I've seen is a bit of a stretch. A poor man's Rodman seems like a solid comparison though. (Maybe closer to a homless man's Rodman. Hard to judge a player after one game.)

7. LetsPartyBud

LetsPartyBud Member

I can see where Pitino thinks that seeing as how he's the leading rebounder in NCAA history. I picked Morehead to go to sweet 16 because of Faried and the toher kid 22. I think Faried will have a nice career coming off the bench in the NBA

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Daryl Morey has apparently scouted Faried quite a bit. He strikes me as a "Morey" kind of player. I could see the Rockets drafting this kid, even in the late lottery, although they would probably prefer to take him with the Orlando pick.

Faried might be the quintessential case of Morey taking BPA over need in this June's draft.

9. LetsPartyBud

LetsPartyBud Member

I got the same notion, I wouldn't mind using a late pick on him if he's still available and let him develop in the D-League for a bit, he has potential

10. Roxs-Redemption

Sorry, my bad I think I actually meant Kawhi Leonard
    If only I can delete that post

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Faried is DraftExpress' Prospect of the Week:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-Draft-Prospect-of-the-Week-Kenneth-Faried-3652

I've only watched Faried twice, but it seems like a very accurate writeup.
    In an average draft I probably wouldn't use a first rounder on him, but when I look at other guys that are projetcted in the late first round, there's really nobody that jumps out at me either, so should we not end up trading the Orlando pick I woudn't mind picking up Faried.

<object id="axn_video_player_widget_gixl3m21" name="axn_video_player_widget_gixl3m21" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,1,0,0" height="384" width="434"><param name="movie" value="http://player.athletixnation.com/Player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="allowFullscreen" value="true"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="flashVars" value="publisherAppId=draftexpress_player&widgetId=widget_gixl3m21&entryId=847241021001"/><embed id="axn_video_player_embed_widget_gixl3m21" name="axn_video_player_embed_widget_gixl3m21" flashVars="publisherAppId=draftexpress_player&widgetId=widget_gixl3m21&entryId=847241021001 " src="http://player.athletixnation.com/Player.swf" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="384" width="434" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object><script type="text/javascript" src="http://player.athletixnation.com/js/player.js"></script><!--End Video Player -->

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Looks like Noah and Wallace cross breeded into a PF.

He has a large coverage area since his arms and stretching motion is so quick.

Definately a guy I could see us taking.

13. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

He's big time hustle player. The energy is good to see, I wouldn't go as far as saying he's a Wallace sort of player, maybe Lou Amundson would be a better comparison?

14. MykTek

MykTek Member

I saw this guy in one of the all star games he played and I was impressed by his numbers. Just based on that, I'd use a pick on him in the mid to low 1st round.

Most Career Rebounds
    Careers beginning 1973 or after

1,607 -- Kenneth Faried, Morehead State
    1,570 -- Tim Duncan, Wake Forest*
    1,537 -- Derrick Coleman, Syracuse*
    *Picked first overall in NBA draft

Most Career Double-Doubles
    Division I history

87 -- Tim Duncan, Wake Forest
    84 -- Ralph Sampson, Virginia
    83 -- Derrick Coleman, Syracuse
    83 -- Lionel Simmons, La Salle
    82 -- Kenneth Faried, Morehead State
    80 -- Malik Rose, Drexel
    79 -- Oscar Robertson, Cincinnati

Most Doubles-Doubles
    2010-11 season

25 -- Kenneth Faried, Morehead State
    24 -- Ryan Rossiter, Siena
    23 -- Jordan Williams, Maryland
    20 -- Kawhi Leonard, San Diego State

Players with 17 ppg, 14 rpg, 60.0 FG pct
    Last 15 seasons

Kenneth Faried (17.6 ppg, 14.3 rpg, 63.7 FG pct), 2010-11
    Blake Griffin* (22.7 ppg, 14.4 rpg, 65.4 FG pct), 2008-09
    Tim Duncan* (20.8 ppg, 14.7 rpg, 60.8, 1996-97
    *Picked first overall in NBA draft

If Faried is able to manage 50 more points this season, he would become just the 11th player in Division I history to total 2,000 points and 1,500 rebounds in a career. The exclusive club: Elvin Hayes (Houston), Dickie Hemric (Wake Forest), Elgin Baylor (Seattle), Tom Gola (La Salle), Joe Holup (George Washington), Ralph Sampson (Virginia), Derrick Coleman (Syracuse), Jeff Cohen (William & Mary), Tim Duncan (Wake Forest) and Malik Rose (Drexel).

15. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

If we lose Chuck Hayes for any reason (Hopefully I don't think we will though),
    I think we should take a good look at this guy, especially if he falls to the second round.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So was Demarre Carroll

17. LetsPartyBud

LetsPartyBud Member

I ran the ESPN mock draft thing at least 30 times and it had the Rockets taking Faried literally every time. So my gut feeling is we probably wont draft him

18. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I'll be very interested to see what kind of NBA career Faried has. He doesn't quite have the size you would like and his offensive game is undeveloped, but he can rebound with the best of them.

I feel like rebounding is one stat that gets severely underrated when teams are mapping out their drafts. Generally, guys that rebounded in bulk in college will rebound much the same at the next level regardless of size (within reason of course). Chuck Hayes and Paul Millsap are two big examples. Overlooked in the draft because of what they lack, but they have continued to rebound well despite those shortcomings.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

20. Roxs-Redemption