1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**Official McGrady/Pistons 2010 Regular Season Thread**

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by emjohn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tell that to the wiz players who celebrated hard after getting their 3rd straight victory. tell that to john wall to bulldozed his body all over the court yesterday. the wiz played their hearts out.

what mcgrady still has is A LOT of game left where he can still control a game for brief stretches. it's up to him to get himself in better condition so he can do that for over a longer period of time over the course of the season.

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Why was Tmac DNP this game, I didn't see any injury report after his big game against WAS. Why would they lose against a worst team in WAS when he played and win against better team in NJ when he didn't play?

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

NJ didn't have deron williams? and the pistons were at home. just a few thoughts.

i assume they held tmac b/c of a b2b. no need to push it since it's near the end of the season.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

A lot of teams and players didn't make the playoffs. Oh wait. Houston didn't either. Darn. But of course when the majority of the fanbase want "nice" and "classy" guys on the team; of course we're going to suck.

Championships and Victory > Classiness.

5. Severe Rockets Fan

So the pistons didn't want to play Mcgrady in front of the home crowd because it was a back to back...from what I heard Tmac has shown much improvement from last season with all his dunking this year. Why hold him out? It's highly unlikely he'll sign with Detroit next year...why would they not let him play after all the hardwork he put into his offseason workouts and how well he's improved after 2+years of the most minor microfracture surgery...especially after the doctors gave him a complete 1 year recovery time? It's not like they have to worry about his performance next year...hell, they probably won't have him.

It seems like such a waste that as much as he's improved that he can only play on days that he feels up to it. If he wants to get a contract with another team next year I highly doubt he'll get one if he's only able to play well 1/3 of the season which is what he's done this year.

6. number22

number22 Member

He's played 70 games this year hardly 1/3 of a season or when he's only up to it.

7. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Member

they didnt wanna play stuckey either. Honestly i have to say that more of mcgrady's inconsistent play has come from this unpredictable rotation. As soon as mcgrady got into the grove of things are atleast put on a string of double digit scoring because he misses one game do to illness kuester decides to keep him out of the rotation. And as stuckey plays possibly the best stretch of basketball he has ever played kuester puts him back on the bench.
    And everybody should know that micro fracture surgery is a risk. No matter how small r big it his. and just because he can recovery from it doesnt mean he is the same player he once was because im pretty sure recovering from micro surgery doesnt involve regaining all of the explosivness that u once had. Whether u wanna admit it r not mcgrady has made progress since his surgery. This offeason is vital for him. He isnt rehabbing anymore or focusing most of his time on his knee. And plus he has a better understanding of what he can and cant do on the basketball court. So maybe he can focus more on what he has found out from this season.

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

McGrady has had 26 games in double digits out of 70 games played. It's not a ridiculous claim. I'd personally say he played well in closer to half of his games this year, but it's all relative to what you take that to mean:
    -Relative to how he looked last year
    -Relative to what he's capable of this season
    -Relative to other NBA bench wings

9. emjohn

No shots in 14 mins vs Bucks. Wilcox exploded, though.

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

TRUEROXFAN OWES CLUTCH $50!!!

we all expect you to be a man and not welsh, so hopefully you pay up! unless you dont want clutch's kids to go to college.

1 person likes this.
  11. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

wow you're a f*****, considering i have been saying over and over that i was going to pay and i'm pretty sure 2 months ago i said i might as well go ahead and pay now.

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i have never seen you say anything about paying - did you pay yet? if its not too much trouble can i get a receipt for that? im willing to take most people for their word, but with all your name-calling you seem like the kind of person who would try to weasel out of paying so im going to need proof.

and i may be a "f*****", but im a "f*****" with $50 more than you!:grin:

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Not suprised nobody is posting here. Tracy has been miserable last few weeks/months and is making his case for another vet minimum and 10 minutes on a good team.

14. Severe Rockets Fan

I couldn't say Jeff...I don't watch him play so I can't make a statement regarding Mcgrady's play, instead I have to listen to others that religiously watch Pistons games and hear them tell me how great Tmac is playing compared to last year. Apparently one FANTASTIC game of 14/6/5 surrounded by 6 others where he failed to score more than 2 points (okay he was 'achy' from all those minutes he was logging and missed 3 of them) shows he's really improved since last year...after all, he IS dunking and 'stuff'. Meh, probably the coaches fault...I'm sure he wouldn't want to play someone who could help get some W's. Hell, Adelman did the same thing, right?

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, A 7 trillion tonight.

7 minutes and 47 seconds, with all zeros on the boxscore, with the exception of 2 turnovers.

Ouch...

16. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

i guess you want him to drop 50 points in a non bearing game at the risk of getting injured again?

17. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Oh no, McLady is at risk again! Quick, move him back to the kitchen

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's the worst excuse I have been hearing lately.

If he's scared of getting injured in a meaningless game he should retire. He'd be sitting at home drinking soda.

The guy has been nothing but lazy which is very suprising. He proves he doesn't love the game.

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

you're not making me want to pay

and i have said that i would pay

several times

but i dont like you, and i was going to pay on monday so stfu ill do it when i have the time and funds available jackass

name calling, the extent of my name calling is calling you a f*****

20. emjohn

truroxfan/jo mama - no need to get personal back and forth. J.M., you won, no need to rub it in. Of course there's going to be name calling when you call him out like that. The regular season's not even over yet, no need to pounce all over him about paying the tipjar.

And drop the "f*****" crap - you've got thousands of better words you could use.

If McGrady is worried about getting hurt, he should just ask to be deactivated for the final games. If you dress and take the court, you need to play. He's still collecting his paychecks. Ultimately, he's doing himself a disservice, because finishing out his season like this, with the knees finally healthy, suggests that he's no longer able to log minutes over the course of a full season. Not much of a market for a guy with a 1600 minute ceiling.

He had built up to a strong showing in February (13-4-4, with 8 double digit games)...but that protest and the aftermath killed him. I'm not convinced the Bulls will fall over themselves trying to sign him this summer. Clippers might be a better fit, and his audition should be more convincing this time.