1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Jan 8, 2011.

1. LetsPartyBud

LetsPartyBud Member

I really like Kenneth Faried (correct if wrong) as a prospect, but I'm skeptical about using a 1st on him. I think it would be an absolute steal if we could get him in the 2nd round.

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I like that too. Biyombo and Noguera still have time to add more height. Kawhi Leonard would be good as well, he is good defender who can score a bit and grab rebounds too, like Gerald Wallace.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, i liked Kawhi too except for the G. Wallace comparison. Rick Adelman( hint, hint).

4. The83rdWonder

The83rdWonder Member

Biyombo with a triple double (12/11/10) at the Nike Hoops Summit. I hope he'll last to 14.

5. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

DraftExpress: This is a joke. Bismack Biyombo blocking shots with his elbow now. Who cares how old he is? How high does he go after this?
    2011-04-09 11:56:03

Right now, their mock has him going to Minnesota at #18. I've only seen the youtube highlights, but the guys at DraftExpress are really high on this guy. I can see him going before #18.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Does anyone else besides me think that we should also look to get another PG in this draft? Not a top priority though.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well, time to look at the needs of the other teams ahead of #14.

8. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

The latest mock was done before the Nike Summit. Unlikely he lasts until 14 imo. As far as Nogueira goes, I think he'll pull out of the draft. If he doesn't, Portland likes him at 21 (or did before his Summit performance).

9. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Same here. Big-Time rebounder.

10. Rockets_4_life

ROX need to find a way to package that 23rd and 38th pick to move infront of the Blazers so they can pick Nogueira. Who I think we would probably keep him overseas for another year or so, so he can grow into his body some.

11. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

If all of the top note are gone by 14, I wouldn't be opposed to either trading back a few picks or going ahead and taking Nogueira there. He'll take few years to fully develop, but sometimes you just have to swing for the fences.

1 person likes this.
  12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Nope.

Justin Harper

13. Rockets_4_life

Yes, good Idea. But first I would look to trade up to get Biyombo, if his not available. Then yes I would look to trade back one or two spots to secure Nogueira.

14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly. If Brandon Knight somehow falls to #14, I think the Rockets pounce on him. Hell, I'd trade up from #14 to get him as long as it only took #23, #38 or a non-rotation player to get it done.

Like you said, not a TOP priority; but I'd like to see a third PG on this team. If last night's game against the Clippers had been a "must-win" for the playoffs, I would have been SCARED TO DEATH that Goran Dragic was the only healthy PG on the roster. Courtney Lee is not a PG, as I have found out over the course of this season.

15. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I think if he's there at 23 that would be a good pick, but unless I'm missing something he doesn't look like a lottery player.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Which draft site is most reliable?

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Harper will probably be a 2nd rounder.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I was thinking more like Josh Selby with our 2nd round pick. Our 1st round picks, imo, should be spent on big men.

19. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I tend to trust draft express most, but couldn't say with 100% assurance they are the most reliable.

I think depending on who stays in/pulls out of the draft, he can sneak up to the mid 20s in the 1st round.

20. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I actually like Oakland's Keith Benson in the 2nd round. He lacks polish on offense and needs to get stronger to be effective on defense, but he shows good defensive instincts and could be a legitimate center in the league.