1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeAndre Jordan anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scolalist, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Free Agent DeAndre Jordan Will Get A Lot Of Interest
    Apr 08, 2011 1:49 PM EDT

After experiencing a breakout third season, DeAndre Jordan will be a restricted free agent this summer.

Taking the new CBA and probable lockout out of the equation, one prominent NBA agent pegged Jordan's value on the open market to be around $9 million to $11 million dollars per season.

Although Jordan remains raw offensively, the shot blocker has made enough of an improvement at the defensive end to make a big impression.

"Any team that needs a center will be interested," a front office source said. "New York, Houston, Miami, Boston, Cleveland. The question is who has the money to bid it up? New York."

"I can assure you that keeping DJ as part of our core is a major priority and one we will address at the first opportunity," Clippers general manager Neil Olshey said.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...rdan_Will_Get_A_Lot_Of_Interest#ixzz1IzW6tCpg

2. Rockets Tehk

Rockets Tehk Member

I'd like to see him in a Rockets jersey. He's solid but do you think the Clippers will let him go easily?

3. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I think he will come here. He was born in Houston and i heard from the grape vine he misses home

4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I dont like him all that much. He has too many lapses in the game like Hill. His BB IQ is limited like Hill. I dont see his ceiling being all that high. I dont think he can even be a poor mans version of Tyson Chandler. I see him more as a Kwame Brown.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We can offer him a starting job.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

that seems a little high

7. RedRedemption

He's a poor man's Javale. Which is not bad.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rather than gamble on Jordan at 10 -11 mil, I'd rather make that run at Gasol. If we can't get him then more patience is called for.

9. RedRedemption

We need a shotblocker. We need a shotblocker. We need a shotblocker.
    We can choose to ignore that every year and make the "low risk, high reward" choice and be stuck in mediocrity for the next few seasons...

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

U seem a little high!

He's the best chance we have at an all star center!

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely agree about the need for length and athleticism in our frontcourt. If we somehow landed Gasol then I'd assume Scola would be gone and PPat + another would give us a good blend inside.

Let's face it, we would be going from a 6 ' 6 " center to a seven footer here ......with bulk and talent.(future all star IMO) His position defense is good and we would have the guys to help clean up.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

did anyone bother to look at his numbers or just his highlight videos? in his 3rd year in the league, averaging 7-7. not all that impressive.

could the rockets use him? definitely. is he worth 9 mil a year? definitely not, unless you didn't learn from kelvin cato that 7-7 isn't worth that kind of money. at the MLE i'd give him a chance... with a chance that he turns into stro swift or trevor ariza. you know, full MLE deals for players who rely on athleticism and have potential but no brain, work ethic, or sign of improvement thus far in their career.

i'd rather marc gasol or wilson chandler.

13. PeppermintCandy

And given that the Rockets will have some $7 million in cap space, I believe they'd have to not sign Yao and Hayes and get rid of another substantial contract on the roster (Thabeet or Miller?), just in order to offer a $9 to 11 million contract to Jordan while still having room to sign their rookies.

I don't know enough about Jordan to say if he's worth all that.

14. HorneR

HorneR Member

Well, we can offer him a starting job on a team with a respectable owner. Although, any other owner in the league can be considered respectable when being compared to Donald Sterling. BUT I don't think he's worth anywhere near $9-11 mil at this point in his career. He's had quite a few MONSTER games, but overall he's been relatively inconsistent. Still, we need a big and I'd be willing to gamble on a guy like him.

I'm guessing if we were to resign Yao/Hayes we'd have to make this a S&T though, and I'm not too sure the Clips would be willing to play ball.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only rookies put "Real GM" as the source... :0

16. Hball

Hball Member

Exactly

17. PeppermintCandy

By comparison, Kendrik Perkins is getting a little over $8 million per for the next three seasons. Just saying.

18. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

A shot blocker would put us in the top 5 in the west

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys are talking videogame basketball.

Deandre Jordan wouldn't even start. In fact, he probably wouldn't even play at all.

There is no way in hell we pay 10 million for him.

20. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

I don’t think anyone’s going to offer that much for DeAndre Jordan…He’ll likely get offered Kendrick Perkins type money and I’m sure the Clippers will match. Kaman will likely be shopped for a starting SF.