1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets talk Aggie BBall (sigh)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Ziggy, Jan 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

What a freking joke!! Texas as a 4 is a joke ... A&M as a 7 is a joke ... Mizzou as an 11 is a joke ... CU being out is a joke ... And KSU as a 5 is a joke in the other direction

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Typical. Aside from Kansas (which is obvious).. Big 12 got jobbed.

3. ths balla

ths balla Member

Kstate a 5 is just plain silly, couldnt believe they were ranked higher than us wow

4. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

It feels like the valued team's big upset/win potential/tally over consistency over bad teams or knocking off teams of similar caliber.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It doesn't bother me too much. Let's say we are a 4 in the same region instead of Vandy. We'd be going against Richmond in the first game and then Louisville in the second game. It's pretty much the same situation now. We have a good shot at winning the first game and small shot at winning the second game. It's been the same thing in recent years. There's no great disadvantage.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, really weird all around for the conference.

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Okay, completely ignoring the Florida State game, which will be difficult. How do you think the Aggies match up with Notre Dame? My first thought is Notre Dame doesn't have much length down low, which seems to be the Aggies' Achilles Heel when facing teams like Texas and Baylor.

8. RocketManJosh

I actually think we have a pretty decent shot against Notre Dame. We are pretty good at defending the perimeter, and I think we can slow down Hansborough who really makes that team go. Not saying we are going to win, but I think it is about as good a matchup as we could hope for going up against a top seed.

That said, I'm not sure we are going to get by Florida State. They are the type of team that could really give us troubles with their defense and I think this one may come down to Free Throws down the stretch, which we have had some issues with. It will be interesting to see how Singleton plays coming off the broken foot, but if he has a great game, we are probably in trouble.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Time and time again, we have seen that succeeding in the tournament comes down to making heady decisions in crunch time, and hitting shots when they count. Unfortunately, with the way our guards play, I just can't say I have faith that either of those will come with any certainty. If Turgeon can get Dash and BJ to focus on making the CORRECT pass into the post on each and every possession, we might have a shot to get decently far. It's going to ultimately come down to execution in the final 5 minutes of the game.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Florida St. swatting 'everything'

Not that I expected any kind of run but looks like it will be one and done.

11. RocketManJosh

Well our offense is too weak and FSUs defense is way too good ... Best D ive seen in a long time. We hung with em hitting 3s but when they went to our achilles heel, the zone, it was over.

Oh well ... It was a good 5 year run wiining every 1st round game. Really just happy to make the tourney this year.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This was round 2... THE STREAK LIVES!

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I take it all back. NCAA got it right. Big 12 was weak this year.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Well the Lady Ags just won the National Championship.

Ok, back to your regular scheduled programming:p

15. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

16. PointForward

PointForward Member

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

I hate to say it, but I would take either Colson or Carter over Dash in a heart beat. :grin:

17. RocketManJosh

Way to go ladies!

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Definitely not what I had envisioned when I started this thread.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Missed the other thread in the hangout. Oh well. Anyhow, congrats to the Lady Aggies.

20. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

Whoop!! Gig 'em Aggies. Congrats to the team. Great season and they showed zero quit. I was very impressed how they battled back against both Stanford and ND.