1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it acceptable to show up to a Rockets game in a Tracy McGrady jersey nowadays?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 30, 2011.

1. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

as long as its a rockets jersey, it shouldnt matter.

Im not a TOF but I LOVE my rockets Old and New.

2. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Anybody see that idiot in the black and yellow Lakers jersey? Who comes decked out in lakers gear to a Spurs-Rockets game?

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yeah, I saw him, and he was chanting Black Mamba. Someone told him he was in the wrong city, and he said I'm from here! Yeah, it's cool if the Lakers were here and all...

Which poses this question. Are you not allowed to wear a jersey of a team that is not playing in the building?

4. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

YES. that dude came into our Red Rowdies post game romp circle trying to talk smack to us. Nice grill he had.....

and Kam- I don't like it but if I went to another NBA arena to watch 2 teams, I'd naturally want to rep the Rockets, not sure if I would based on how much it annoys me when people wear non playing jerseys to the game. Kids do it more often than adults. Saw a little boy in a kobe #8 jersey tonight, his brother in a blue Olajuwon, and I told him his parents needed to buy him a new jersey.

5. 00rocketgirl

haha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

someone just uploaded a video of our post game romp on facebook so I took some screen shots.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i'm kinda in the boat of "as long as its a Rockets jersey" i'm ok with it

now people that bought a #3 Tmac jersey, I'd love to laugh in their face....

7. javajoe

javajoe Member

Get over it. T-Mac is part of our history, and for the most part a very good part.

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

no, it should be banned. with the exception of wearing teams from the city you are supporting. for example wearing an astros cap to a rockets game.

9. 00rocketgirl

Is it acceptable to show up to a Cavs game in a LeBron James jersey nowadays?

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, they might be poor.

Now you've sowing the seed of class resentment into that little's kid's heart, he's gonna grow up hating people with 2 parents and updated jersey and playing for Duke. :p

11. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

The only unacceptable jersey for the Rockets fans is something like "Hakeem over Jordan was a waist". You've got to punch the guy who's wearing it pretty hard, burn him alive and throw under the bus for real.

Everything else is acceptable

12. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Besides the championship years, TMac has given me the biggest thrills as a Rockets fan, so I see nothing wrong with this. He also gave us the biggest dissapointments, but until we get another real superstar, I am fine with seeing other people wear a Tmac jersey.

13. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

in other cities theyre usually not die hards so Ill let them slide, but at toyota center it explains wat kinda fan they are so give em flack but in a jokin but serious manner lol its a free country tho

14. ILoveTheRockets

I still wear my t-mac jersey from time to time, but I do get evil eyes when I wear it. Especially from my girlfriend.

15. 00rocketgirl

lol. They were sitting in the lower bowl, many rows ahead of us. Family of 4. It probably cost them $240-400+ for all 4 of them to go to the game. Had they sat in the upper bowl instead, all 4 of them could have gotten current jerseys with the money they would've saved. I'm just saying.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

True... and McGrady jersey guy had court-side seat, Row C behind the Rockets bench.

But then again, we are talking about a Nets game, even court-side seats are probably going at a rate affordable to folks earning minimum-wage.

17. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Lebron being the NBA's biggest douche certainly helped McGrady's image.

18. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

What's worse...

Showing up to a Rockets game in a McGrady jersey or an Ariza jersey?

19. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

I often used Tmac's jersey even to my office and nobody is complaining and making a thread about it.

Wait, we are talking about Tmac's jersey which is a suit with a tie right?

20. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I saw a guy wearing an Orlando TMac jersey last weekend