1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it acceptable to show up to a Rockets game in a Tracy McGrady jersey nowadays?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 30, 2011.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude,

it's beauty is in the eye of the beholder. where did you get that quote? from the tmacapedia?

reality for the tmac fans is the same one from the winona ryder movie
    [​IMG]

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Alright, you've officially gone off the deep end.

3. Rockston

Rockston Member

What's your point?

4. tinman

Supporting Member

these people have no idea what Rockets fans have gone through.

to throw this ? I don't understand why tmac blah blah blah blah

1. shows they don't follow the Rockets
    2. shows they don't follow T mac himself!

what do they think happened? one day Rockets fan woke and felt like booing Tmac?

Daryl Morey and Rick the Ruler woke up after a night of drinking and making fun of tmac fans and decided to trade his ass to new york?

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Not really. Not to the point of saying something like this

You don't have to be an NBA fan to know that Tmac was NEVER THE BEST IN THE NBA.

do you believe that statement? Last time I checked in the history books he didn't win crap.

6. Rockston

Rockston Member

Are you referring to the McGrady era or what being a Rocket fan has meant on the whole?

I genuinely don't know how to read this part of your post.

Uhhh...what the hell are you talking about?

I think McGrady supporters understand what happened and why it ended as ugly as it did but to paint the picture that his tenure in Houston was terrible and to demean his performance as a Rocket on the whole is just ignorant and utterly flawed. He was a part of some great Rocket memories whether you like it or not.

Cheesesticks.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

That's where you're wrong.

8. il italiano

il italiano Member

I actually do, and if u did follow the NBA you would know that Tmac statistically is an absolute monster in the playoffs, the guy really elevated his game when it mattered. i dont care that he didnt win crap, all i am saying is that he was without a doubt the most talented player in the league before 2007/2008. What made him great was not his scoring ability, which we all know was amazing, but his playmaking ability. his playmaking ability is greatly underrated. i struggle to think of better players in the league from 05-07. Shaq was beginning his decline and wade/Kobe/Lebron were not the same players they are now.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

As a Rockets fan I care if they do win.

Mario Elie was never as talented as Tracy. But as far as hero, he's vastly more heroic.

10. Rockston

Rockston Member

Is that the consensus? That McGrady supporters live in some delusional world where he did no wrong?

If that is so then that is equally as flawed.

Damn, everyone's phukced up.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have a tmac , Ron, and Brooks jersey

what am I supposed to do with them? I dont have a problem with wearing em

12. il italiano

il italiano Member

that was never the argument...

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I believe Morey is watching which jersey you are buying in an elaborate scheme for you to buy different jerseys.

14. cuddie

cuddie Member

For some reason, I had a feeling tinman would show up in this thread. Annnnd...here we go again. Sigh.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Better than showing up in Fools Gold jersey :grin:

16. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

as much as i hate to say it dude has a point. T-Mac was an absolute beast the first 3 years he was with the Rockets. The guys playmaking abilities were vastly underrated. Other than maybe Kobe and Lebron he was arguably the 3rd best player in the league for that 3 year stretch. I don't hate on t-mac.....overall he was kinda lazy and could have been even better but at the end of the day he was the best rockets player we had over the past 15 years.

17. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Tinman I talked to Tracy the other day and he told me to tell you hes sorry for letting you down.

I hope that make you feel a lot better now.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Uh oh, Scola is the only jersey I have left......

19. Munozadj

Munozadj Contributing Member

Dang, that was a short video over the span of how many years? I was disappointed in Carl much more than McGrady, since McGrady's down years can't compare to the waste of time Houston had put hope into Carl as a backup center. So much for putting hopes on someone not of Phi Slamma Jamma. He's just a Cougar alumni. And just because Carl led the bench in points during the finals, he still was almost a non-factor since NY's bench was tearing up ours.

Here's the stats, and don't use to compare with wikipedia. I don't trust that site to describe how much a dollar costs in American dollars.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1994_finals.html

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

blah blah blah blah.

more blah blah blah same ol **** from the same ol poster.

blah blah same **** over and over blah blah.

anyway. I saw a little kid in a Tmac jersey, which is fine. i don't care. other than the fact that this jersey the kid was wearing was meant for an adult. a very large adult. the worst part was i don't think the kid had a shirt underneath, and the straps kept falling down.

that is all.