1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Chase Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

We have to hope for a collapse for two teams that are playing well. Its gonna be tough. :(

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why 2 teams?? We just need either Memphis OR New Orleans to falter a bit. I think ultimately, it's going to come down to who wins between Memphis and New Orleans in their two head-to-head games. As long as the same team wins both games, I think the Rockets will be within striking distance. First and foremost, though, we need to take care of business on our end.

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The good thing about the NO/Portland game is the outcome will help the Rockets no matter what. I know people don't think we can catch Portland, but I still hold out hope considering their brutal schedule. But yes, I'd rather see Portland beat NO. This has been said, but whoever wins the first game in the NO/Memphis home and home needs to win both games, especially if Memphis beats them the first time around as Memphis has a much easier schedule than NO.

4. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

He said 'a collapse', not 'two collapses'.

5. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

it's over guys..better stop dreamin.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

So much for the Grizzlies losing the next 2 games and the Rockets winning the next 2 games. The Hornets will win, too. :rolleyes:

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Portland 87 Hornets 90 with a minute left...

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

alright nows it's over for us.

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

It's over.

We need to sweep to even have a chance, but I don't see that happening with SAS and DAL in the way. And they're still jockeying for playoff position.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Too many lost winnable games earlier in the season ...

that SAS game where AB got injured ... if CLee had made those freethrows, we could have closed that game out

that CHI game we lost on a last-sec 3pointer from Rose ... again if CLee or BMiller had fouled Noah or closed out quicker on Rose

that POR game where KM went off for 45 pts, and BM killed our momentum with bad play and a costly tech

games in which we badly needed rebounding and we leave Chuck in there

games in which AB shot ourselves out of the game

you can add to this list. Too many costly blunders in the endgame by RA and the team.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Man that 08-09 season was great wasn't it?

1 person likes this.
  12. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Landry sealed the deal.

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The Spurs are nothing without Duncan, Ginobili and Parker. They are 0-4.

I would be more worried about the Hawks and Hornets than the Spurs.

Either way, there is no chance unless the Grizzlies and Hornets lose every game.

14. E-Man

E-Man Member

Let's not forget the loss to the T-Wolves at home, the loss to the Clippers...............

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The loss to the Clippers was the exact same type of loss. An away game on a 2nd of a back to back after a solid win..which the starters were kept out on the floor longer than needed.

16. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

It's just about over. Only real chance is a 7-0 finish and having Memphis lose twice to NO and once to Portland.

17. rocketsmetalspd

Only way in is to go on 7 game winning streak and the most games won in a row this season has been that dreaded number 5. Started off 0-5 and never recovered, damn you basketball gods.:mad:

18. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Those were huge, just huge losses. We started our playofff run half a season too late.

19. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I take back what I said. I still think Portland could crash and burn and finish the season 1-6 (2-8 last 10), meaning the Rockets would have to go 6-1 to make it. If Adelman doesn't rest starters against Sacramento (night before the NOH game) then the Rockets will not make the playoffs.

20. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Just 4 games behind 6th spot. If Brooks/Bud/Hill/and Miller werent on this team we would be in 5th spot fighting Denver now. Possibly with homecourt advantage. 4 games, just 4 games. Those 4 scrubs with their combined minutes have lost us 5+ games easy.

Screw you Analman!!!!!