1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solid Starter or Rising Star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Mar 29, 2011.

?

Is Kyle Lowry just a solid role player or rising star

1. Kyle Lowry is will never be more than a solid role player

60 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Kyle Lowry is a rising star!

210 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. mazinger

mazinger Member

No, he's just embarrassed to post since he was wrong about both AB and Lowry.

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

He is only 24, and already a solid starter. Depending on the definition of rising star, he will be a player at least like Parker in the Spurs.

3. raleigh

raleigh Member

Here's the link (basketball-reference.com):

http://bkref.com/tiny/QBo2d

Nash is already the best (albeit, oldest) offensive player of the three.

Far better shooter and distributor, but a bit turnover happy. His BLK% showing his lack of defensive athleticism. Was a bit surprised that he completes more FT/36 than Billups in his fifth season.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I see Lowry becoming a Rondo-esque player. Not a superstar, but all-star worthy.
    EDIT: Tony Parker is a way better comparison.

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Lowry is a huge mystery to me everyday. He defies logic on players. I keep feeling he will come back down to Earth. He never does though. He is playing at allstar level right now. So for now he is already allstar level to me.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Lowry is a rare combination of talents and guts. Dude is a just a gamer. I guarantee you that if you are the opposing pg, you dread playing against Lowry because you are going to get in-your-face defense and will have to play defense yourself.

Morey definitely kept the right pg.