1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AB: "I don't miss it."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jrett121, Mar 23, 2011.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Since it was during a game, wouldn't the best thing to do was to not respond at all? A simple Thanks would be quicker and has less words than saying "I don't miss it." I don't get what youre trying yo say. :confused:

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sour grapes- goes along with that spoiled sense of entitlement you see with most of the players in the NBA. I hope the lockout and new CBA smacks the hell out of the players.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sounds like The Top Dawg has fleas.

5. Prince

Prince Member

really, after he threw a ball to the ref?

6. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

Ditto

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

so you want him to be bashed by the suns fans?

he said the right thing.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He didn't say the right thing. They right thing would be to say nothing. AB fails once again.

9. amaru

amaru Member

I think he gave you the response you were fishing for.

:)

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

While I think the gf analogies are hilarious, those are girls. Us guys HAVE to reinforce the power of the new thang (bash the past) whenever she is in earshot. Us guys as pro basketball players can just say "thanks, hope you buy my new jersey" or sumpin...or ignored the comment altogether...just smiled.

AB was acting like a jilted bf; hence, why the relationship analogies are so funny. Pretty freaking lame.

11. choujie

choujie Member

I see nothing wrong here. The guy played a MIP season, didn't get extension, got injured, lost starting job, got traded after being promised he'll stay, talking in front of teammates and coach...,,,

It's the right answer, and I believe it's how he feels. He doesn't owe Rockets or Rockets fans anything so he doesn't have to lie. Say nothing would imply he's not happy in Phoenix to his teammates in this situation.

12. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Have anyone consider that maybe the question comes to Aaron as sarcastic and like rubbing insult to an injury? How can you miss me, you just dumped me?

So I don't know the OP's real intention asking that question. If he is sincere, then he got a wrong response. If he's being sarcastic, he got a timid reply.

13. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

I remember him always playing with a poker face and then get called for a tech which was the only way you'd know he was into the game. point is, if you watched him play here, you'd know he did good things for this team. He seemed like a good guy off the court judging from interview but on court, he had a short fuse. You guys have to remember that these kids are 20,21 yrs old. you come in, play with people like yao and tmac, you fight your way to the top of the rotation, you do well, but you don't feel compensated. You try to figure out why you're backup got paid, and you try to understand from a management standpoint but then you get hurt, and you can't play, your team is tanking and when you're back, you yourself are nowhere near where you were. In this situation with a guy as competetive as AB, would you remember "yeah, it was glory days a year ago so i love houston"? no, of course not. Having said that, if I were AB i would have answered "houston could have been better" but AB is AB. He has a lot of mental maturing to do. Some people never do...let's hope that because he's an ex-rocket, he will become a like-able player again.

14. oneleftalive

oneleftalive Member

this. im all about supporting our current rockets players, but if you got an attitude and being a detriment to the team then no thanks. had some good times though AB. but like trevor ariza, the plague doesnt need to be in houston, we already have the injury bug.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I appreciate all AB did with the Rockets, but his attitude has made it really easy to not miss him. Disappointing response from him if true.

AB didn't have to say I miss Houston, he could have said thanks, appreciate it or just ignored the comment all together.

#75 mikol13, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  16. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

This.

A simple "thanks, man" and even a shrug with "it is what it is" would have been fine...

but I don't care either way.. I don't miss him either

17. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

He didn't come back to the job being Lowry's. Aaron's play dictated the job was Lowry's.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've stuck with AB, and I still like him alright, but I'm surprised at how sour his attitude has become. Between this and his now-frequent hothead incidents on the court, getting thrown off his game by his contract situation, and so on, he seems much different than the bow-tie wearing, charming upstart who gracefully took Alston's spot a couple of years ago. Does he really buckle so badly when faced with adversity, was he a fake all along, or is there something else going on?

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

AB's immature attitude got the best of him in Houston. Too bad. He has a boatload of talent.

20. theimpossibles1

Speak for yourself. I haven't missed his selfish ways for a second.