1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Al Jefferson on Chuck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrewDice, Mar 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DrewDice

DrewDice Member

AL JEFFERSON
    (On the game) “We made a lot of mistakes and still had a chance to win. A lot of little mistakes that cost us at the end. You have to give Chuck Hayes a lot of credit. He always plays me well. I couldn’t help my team as much as I wanted to.”

That's right...Respect the Chuckwagon!

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Interesting, because Jefferson has had some big games against Chuck. To me, this further indicates that even when players have big games going against Hayes he makes them work for it.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Chuck needs to start talking about getting on the all-defensive team. Maybe everyone here should tweet about it around the same time.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Or players just like to throw compliments around because they are sort of expected to do so in the media

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Big ups to the Wagon... he mentioned on Rockets Insider a couple of months ago that Big Al Jeff and Z-Bo are his 2 hardest matchups, so it's good to see him get some love.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

He doesn't have to mention Chuck Hayes name at all unless the question had Chuck Hayes name in it.

7. tshay

tshay Contributing Member

Jefferson used to abuse Yao.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Chuck also said something very complimentary of Al Jefferson. I think they just like and respect each other.

9. MrJason

MrJason Member

They're actually friends off the court. Remember when Chuck complimented Jefferson before? Saying he is one of the toughest match ups he's played against.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7483770.html

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Chuck also said Jefferson and randolph are his toughest cover.

11. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Damn, looked like Jefferson was having a field day out there. Chuck usually has his way with lengthy centers, but guys like Al who are big and strong are always a tough cover for Chuck. Classy move by Big Al.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

7 of 23 shooting for Big Al.

Dont sound very Field Day-ish to me.

Check the highlight clip I posted, there are several plays from the baseline camera angle that clearly show Chuck making Al work harder than he ever has to.

Its a real pleasure to watch. :grin:

13. k-money

k-money Member

it is for all rockets fans and jazz haters. lol. i loved watching chuck shut him down.:)

14. choujie

choujie Member

Big game or not, 7 on 23 shots for 17 points is actually hurting his team.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I think he was referring to all of the O-rebounds Jefferson was snatching up. Most of them weren't Chuck's fault, but I could see how one could get that impression just going off a box score

16. choujie

choujie Member

That is because of different standards set for those two. Yao scored like 33 points on 18 shots, Jefferson score like 35 points on 33 shots. I don't remember the exact number. But similar to that. Plus Jefferson played way more minutes.

It's hard for any center to score that much points against Yao, so people made a big deal despite the inefficiency.

Jeffersen beat Yao on rebounds though, he was too guick to get the offensive rebounds.

1 person likes this.
  17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Big time.

18. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

It did? He was 7 for 23. I would hardly call that a field day... more like a detriment. The offense boards were ridiculous for him, however.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

Don't bother. Casual fans will never appreciate Yao's defense. I mean, if Yao can't even get respect for his defense after years of top 5 defenses, only to see that drop to below-average after his departure, what else can you say?

No matter how effective a player is on defense, he has to "look good" to get any credit. Yao never made it look good.

20. DrewDice

DrewDice Member

Chuck is the best Defensive player in the League period. Name me a better defensive player in the post, any tall guy can block.. this is True D.