1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

27 Points in 1 Minute !!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kmav23, Mar 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

But it wasn't a foul-fest where the clocked stopped every 10 seconds because one team was trying to extend the game forever. It was "real basketball" where guys actually made shots. I bet it took almost as much time to play the final minute tonight as it did the OT period I referred to.

2. Roxs-Redemption

can some one tell me which minute was it? :eek:

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

the last one i believe.

4. Roxs-Redemption

I think he miscounted...
    last 50 secs score comeback was 15 pts
    last 5mins score difference is 27

Please lock this thread now if the case is closed

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

woah, that was close to topping the rockets/mavs record of 44 points from back in the 90's. i don't know if that's still the record but i've never seen anything top it. 44 combined points in OT and 33 combined 3's in a playoff game against seattle are 2 record that we've kept for a long time. even though both came in losses, i still like having them around.

6. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

Are you Harry Potter? lol :grin:

But yea, good game. hope bud is ok.

Tough game for scola coming back from his first injury. hope he can get it back soon.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Utah did play a very solid game , I kept thinking to myself that this was the type of game that the Rockets could lose at the end. Utah's defense kept the Rockets from scoring in the paint for most of the night. They made the Rockets hit a lot of well defended shots , shots with the 24 second clock winding down or from the outside thruout the whole game.

I was on the edge of my seat even in the first half when they had a lead greater than 10. Corbin and Co. had an excelent scouting report and game plan defensively which was executed very well.

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

:confused:

at :52 left in the game, Rockets were up 98-93. Final score was 110-108. That is a total of 27 points scored in the final minute.

1 person likes this.
  9. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol calm down, utah did the same thing to miami early in this season. only difference is miami lost that game..what else can you do but make your free-throws. utah kept making shots. we had a 2 possession lead on that last play, that final bucket was irrelevant..

10. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

yah good call. can you count?

11. gah

gah Member

I'm not a psychiatrist and I don't like to go around with prejudices but I'd say that the poster you're replying to is sunk in depression, I'd say Dreamin's live is rather a nightmare, dude can only see things in negative terms, at first I thought he was just a hater now I'm starting to see pathological patterns. Hope you get better Dreamin, life can be good man, it's time to snap out of it!
    (and I'm only half joking)