1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 3/18/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

One thing that worries me is the Kmart Allen matchup..
    Both of them are very good off the ball players but one of Martin's main weaknesses on the defensive end is fighting through screens.. This is Jesus' bread and butter so I think the Celtics might exploit that...

2. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

Learn your history, fella.

Martin shut down Allen so bad every game in Seattle that when Allen was asked about Martin after the game, Allen got this frustrated look on his face and just said he'd rather not comment.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Rox: 85
    Celts: 95

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Rockets win by 5! Let's get that 8th seed and upset the Spurs!

5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

not sure if i want scola to return. patt and hill are doing pretty well, but we are close to making the playoffs. if we lose one more game i say you sit him the rest of the year (not going to happen) but he is like 32 and id like to conserve as much of him as possible, although he'll prolly be playing in the summer anyways.

god our timing sucks, we could of had some dominant years with artest scola yao mac and this squad right now, we have shooters, athletes, would of had elite scorers, defenders and A CENTER...but anyways

hope its a good game tonight, go rox!

6. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

I hope Schola can play. Patterson and Hill are just too inconsistent to be reliable.

7. MadRox

MadRox Member

Hope it's not an home court disadvantage, the visiting team has won all last 6 meetings between the clubs. Must break the streak.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This is the game I hope to see 2Pat shine. I hope Scola rests up if there is any lingering concern about that knee. I think 2Pat can handle this one.

9. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Haha I know right!

1 person likes this.
  10. RX2012

RX2012 Member

Rockets:105
    Celtics: 101

11. 45souf

45souf Member

atleast Perkins wont play

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am going against common sense and reason; calling this one for the Rockets.They are not as good as the Celtics, but they need it more.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hahahahahahaha.....Rick is going to make sure Brad gets in. It is Hill who goes back to the bench.

Please Rick prove me wrong.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i seem to keep repeating myself a lot these days when it comes to the Rockets and the playoffs but if the Rockets expect to make the playoffs they must win this game tonight I have a feeling that it may end up like how it was back in 01-02 when the rockets missed the playoffs by 1 game.

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I thought there was a player by the name of Courtney Lee on our team.

16. Rockets_4_life

The Celtics are trying to get back number one in the East, so they're going to take this game seriously. Which means this could get ugly for the Rockets.. :eek: :(

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Lee is a good defender and all, but his only (a questionable) 6'5 with a small frame, there's no way in hell he can guard Jeff Green. There's also Pat, but he will have his hands full with Big Baby Davis. All I'm saying is that Jeff Green could be the ex factor tonight.

18. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Going to the game tonight, so it'll be a loss. Sorry, guys.

I've been to 15 games over the last few years and they're 1-14, the only win being against the Timberwolves in that 3OT game (they tried really hard to lose).

I even went to game 3 of the 2nd round playoffs against the Lakers where we lost home court advantage and Yao broke his foot.

19. kept2aminimum

kept2aminimum Member

If thats the case then I say you should let me go for you I'm 5-0 when I've gone this season to see the rockets :grin:

20. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

You should be banned. No chance I would allow you to come to the game if I had power to stop you. Fortunately for you, I don't have such powers :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.