1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Shooting Jumpers After Loss

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by themacisback, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Steve_Francis_rules

I guess the 2004 NBA Finals didn't matter then.

Kobe wasn't the clutch player on those early championship teams. When the Lakers were about to go down 3-1 against Sacramento in 2002, Kobe missed a potential game-tying shot. That's not clutch. But he was lucky because (as always), this guy was there to save his butt:

[​IMG]

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

People conveniently and self-servingly dont pay attention to context.

You can say Kevin Martin is scoring at a high rate this month, more than Lebron and Durant, and will get Player of the Month.

People will then say "Kevin Martin aint no LEBRON, don't be comparing him to the best player in the game you fool!"

All they did was compare a segment to another player's segment. But want to extrapolate that to mean the whole.

In my opinion, McGrady was as good as Kobe in his prime year. It might have been the greatest 1 season anomaly ever, but that anomaly was as good as Kobe. That does not mean McGrady is BETTER than Kobe. I hate these stupid ass threads and certain posters who are one-dimensionally AGITATIVE agenda posters posing as objective and informative.

1 person likes this.
  3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Can you believe the backlash Kobe would've gotten if the Lakers had lost game 7 of the finals last season? He played horrendous, shot percentage was god awful.

4. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

I blame the stupidity of the internet. Sometimes it gets so annoying that i don't bother posting.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

I guess they would accuse him of quitting and being a choker.

Kobe gets an excuse for his bad games though unlike someone else the same people bash.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe he would shoot for 3 hours after the game.:grin:

7. Steve_Francis_rules

Kobe gets an excuse because he "just wins." It's because he wills his teammates to make game winners after he misses. I've even heard that he literally teaches his teammates to shoot better.

8. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Nobody is saying he is near an MJ... Just way better than tmac and lebron combined

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

omg kobe stays late and shoots more shots! Wow what a warrior !

do I get a cookie if I stay late at work too?

The guy is shooting jumpers!
    That is so hard ! he is god !

What a machine kobe is!

The fact that people even talk about him shooting when people stay late every day and don't make one millionth this chump does. I bet he called everyone to announce it, and what a 'driven' 'hard worker' this guy is !! I 'm so tired of this guy trying to act out like he is so damn great.It's all a big act. It's just so transparent. Even LA fans I know like his game but hate the guy.

I'm sorry I'm not going to just change my mind now and forget that kobe is the biggest douchebag chump I've ever seen. I have as much repect for kobe as I do bin laden. The guy is a damn baby. I mean did you see the end of the LA miami game ? He threw the ball in the air for no reason on his own then tried to cry about not getting a call. between him gasol and fisher falling all over the place, the only word that keeps blurting out in my mind is 'vagina'

he couldnt hold jordans hanes or jockstrap if he tried. kobe is no where near what jordan was. Jordan owned and kobe is a whining baby. That nba finals game 7 last year was almost as gay as this thread.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he shot 6-20 tonight. did he jack up more jumpers after the game?

11. t_mac1

if lebron shoots 6-20, he'd be blasted.

kobe shoots 6-20, eh, it happens.

12. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

5 rings to 0 rings. Respect is respect. You earn it.

13. t_mac1

so that's why ray allen can suck in a lot of playoff games the last few years. i see that.

14. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

He grabbed 15 rebounds, good enough to make up a bad shooting night.

15. goodbug

Kobe never had a 22/35% series like LeBron had in his only finals. Talk about choker.

16. t_mac1

so lebron in game 7 vs boston got a triple double, and people said he choked in that game b/c of his 9 turnovers. that's terrible no?

17. t_mac1

uh... i suggest you watching the 04 championship series vs the pistons.

18. goodbug

That's Kobe's worst playoff series at 22.6/38.1%. Still way better than LeBron's 22.0/35.6%.

19. goodbug

People mentioned he didn't play well in game 6, and that's a fair statement consider he's also shooting around 35%.

However, most criticism was on how he quit in game 5, and it couldn't be more evident.

20. goodbug

Really, then tell me who led the comeback in 4th quarter of game 7 of Blazers series in WCF. Who got all 8 points in OT of game 4 finals vs. Pacers when Shaq was fouled out in regular time.