1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry becoming a star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Treeza, Mar 8, 2011.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

just kill me

2. erimanila

erimanila Member

It doesnt matter if were losing

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he was always a great defender, he could always draw fouls and rebound, and he was always a pass first PG who didn't turn the ball over. this season he added a jump shot. not great but dependable. if he improves that jumper again this offseason you would be hard pressed to find a flaw in his game.

4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Of course. Meanwhile, in reality, Kidd averaged 10 ppg on 40% shooting (43% from 3 pt line) and 5.5 apg against the Spurs. The Mavericks beat the Spurs 4-1 in that series. They later lost to the Nuggets in 5 games with Kidd shooting 50% from the field (46% from 3 pt) and averaging 6 apg.

5. Prince

Prince Member

lowry a star

No doubt, he is on the right path.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

[​IMG]

This is not star-level production... it's not even very close. It's solid, yes, but nothing in there makes me think he is a star in the making.

Has he been playing better in the second half of the season, sure. But I can't just cherry-pick stats. It's always better to look at the ENTIRE sample, not just the parts of the data which support your wishful thinking.

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Brooks is that you?

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

What do you want me to say, "LOL WE HAVE OUR SUPERSTAR"?

Just the facts, ma'am.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So Kobe isn't a star because he sucked in his rookie year. OK.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't know if he's a star in the making, but he's the best PG we've had in a long, long time.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

This is Lowry's rookie year?

News to me...

12. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I'm not picking sides, but that was actually a terrible rebuttal.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I agree, Lowry has played an all-star level since AB got sent packing but you have to take a look at the whole body of work not just a 3-4 week period.

What Lowry has done is solidified himself as a SOLID NBA startling caliber PGuard with still more room to grow. If he can do what he has been doing for an entire season...well then, we can talk about it again at that point. I still say, a realistic projection for Lowry is his idol, Chauncey Billups.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

I mean, he's a fifth year player. Maybe he can improve beyond this point but maybe not. Fact is he would still need to make a pretty significant jump to be a star-level point guard.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's putting up star numbers.

I think he could be. He's got all the tools to be one of the best all-around point guards in the game.

16. choujie

choujie Member

He's one of the guys who called AB "elite", "all star" last season. Of course the bar for Lowry will be set differently from the bar for AB.

That being said, Lowry hasn't done this long enough and consistent enough to be considered a star yet. But judging from how Lowry has played in this month so far, he does have star potential though.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Right now he is putting up star numbers. However, it still remains to be seen if he can keep up this effort from now on. If he can, then we may have a young Billups on our team. :)

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

How's Brooks doing in Phoenix? You have some stats for him too right?

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

No, I said Brooks had an elite/all-star ceiling, which is completely different from saying he was already there. But thanks for putting words in my mouth :rolleyes: (It now looks like Brooks has some serious character/mental issues which may prevent him from ever reaching that ceiling, which is a shame.)

If you want to say Lowry has an all-star ceiling, that's reasonable. But he isn't there yet.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Was this meant for another thread? You're comparing apples to...I can't even come up with an analogy that describes how far off your comparison is.