1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Love sets double-double mark

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Mar 9, 2011.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Not to take anything away from Wilt, but during the those days, they averaged over 140 points a game with no 3 point shot. There were a lot more possessions to haul down rebounds.

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Pretty amazing...Love will not come anywhere close to that...

But nice streak...

3. Steve_Francis_rules

Even then, basketball-reference has Wilt still averaging a 19.4% total rebound percentage in his last three years. For comparison, Kevin Love is at 23.8% this year.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Had to quote this post for the impressive mix of typos, poor word choice, awkward sentence structure and unusual vocabulary. I assume Swoly hasn't responded due to heart attack.

Is that mean? Sorry. :(

:grin:

5. Fefo

Fefo Member

I agree that kevin love is an incredible rebounder, but i dont get how a 21/16 guy cant get more than 20 wins to his team. His numbers are just inflated, and he is overrated. On a good team he would probably be more of a 15/13 guy.
    Guys here complains about scola defense, but scola really looks like rodman compared to this guy, he cant guard anybody. On the offensive end of the floor he is always going for the orebound, even if that means leaving his man open on the fastbreak.
    Im really not that impressed on this record, but i still like his game a lot, he is the best rebounder this league seen since rodman.

2 people like this.
  6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Best rebounder since Dennis Rodman.

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I always thought he was going to be a good PF but never knew that he was this amazing a rebounder. Dude is a flat-out beast.

8. BZ-B

BZ-B Member

wat:confused:

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, I was hoping to incite something of the sort. They were all intentional malapropisms.

10. parmesh

parmesh Member

If only he could play some defense...

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

No, if only he had the BIQ, heart, leadership and competitive fire of Bill Russell.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think there's only two way this streak will end.

1. He fails to score double digits in points
    2. Both team shoot ridiculous high percentage, no enough rebounds to grab.

Since Twolves suck, the second option is less likely to happen.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

Or he gets injured or ejected from a game early.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Meanwhile, Miami Heatle Chris Bosh is #26 in the league for double-doubles with 19.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

This is absurd Love is one of the more smarter players to come out of college recently. With his limited athleticism you do not just rack up 15+ rebounds a game just by being lucky he is extremely smart knowing where to position himself and how to judge angles on the ball. His passing too is often over looked but he is one of the best passers in the game stupid Rambis doesnt run a system where the offense can run through him a little bit or any sort of uptempo system that lets him outlet more.

The guy is on a terrible team with a TERRIBLE coach i mean Rambis was giving more minutes to Darko last year than Love for no reason. Even this year his rotations and limited minutes to Love were just puzzling. Rambis is just a terrible coach and is a detriment to Love's development. The fact that Love has been able to play so well despite Rambis being the coach is even more amazing in my eyes.

Add in that besides having a terrible coach he has probably the worst GM in the NBA right now. First all Kahn did was draft PGs and then SFs and also drafted really poorly. The one solid move he has done lately is get Beasley for a 2nd round pick but even then people were pissed since it gave Miami the needed cap space to sign bosh, james and wade.

Its kind of hard to show leadership when your coach and GM seemingly do everything in their power to stop you from being a good player. The moment the front office changes or Love leaves in a trade or free agency pretty sure that his heart/leadership will be noticed then even though nothing will have changed about him. sort of like garnett everyone questioned his heart in minnesota but he comes to boston and a winning situation and now he is the heart and outspoken leader of that team thought he hasnt changed a bit in how he plays.

To say he doesnt have competitive fire is not true either. The guy shed a lot of weight to be able to play in the NBA since he had limited athleticism. He worked on his game the guy went from a 33% 3pt shooter to a 42% this year and he takes 3 per game this year on average. That sort of jump isnt a result of him just sitting around during the summer not wanting to get better. He has steadily gotten better every single year he has been in the NBA and the scary thing is that he'll turn 23 in the fall and only has room to get better.

If the rumors of him wanting to sign with OKC and play (again) with Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant then yeah I would be far more afraid of them owning the NBA in 2-3 years than the Heat.

Oh but his defense is terrible though hopefully he can improve upon that as he gets older. He just isnt athletic enough to be a above average defender.

1 person likes this.
  16. HorneR

HorneR Member

Something about this paragraph isn't right, but I just can't put my finger on it...

;)

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Love hasn't even hit his prime yet, and he isn't one of those guys who rely on Athletism.

Imagine when he improves his defense, and adds more post moves to his game.

The guy already has a solid 3 point shot, and even when he's shooting from the outside he racks up ridiculous numbers on the board.

Kevin Love is the perfect example of a big man who nobody should complain about when he shoots a 3.

18. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Brad Miller? :)

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I honestly thought at best he would be a Brad Miller in his prime. I was dead wrong cause Brad Miller wishes he was Kevin Love at any point in his career.

20. worzel gummidge

is kevin love the white david lee?