1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Morey] Sloan Sports Conference 2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DrewP, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, if that's true, it would debunk the criticism that Morey doesn't know how to acquire elite players.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Why aren't we using those cameras? I thought Morey was supposed to be at the cutting edge of this new age of analytics.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

[rquoter]Weil’s data was based on cameras installed at three arenas, but Brian Kopp, a vice-president at STATS, told me the cameras are currently in place at five arenas — San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Oklahoma City and Golden State. The Warriors stand out there, since the other three clubs are known for their early and enthusiastic embrace of advanced stats and general geekiness. The Warriors have been known mostly for ugly intra-team disputes over the last few years.[/rquoter]

;)

4. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Good sign for the Rockets. But it must be easier to think longterm when you are not the public face like Morey is now. If we have another bad season or two, there will be pressure to get rid of Morey. But these things take time even if you are doing the right things.

5. worzel gummidge

Minus the 3d cameras the idea sounds similiar to Prozone which has been used in rugby and soccer for over 10 years.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

thanks, not sure how I missed that

So the idea is you don't need a person to do any charting? The camera can determine what happened on a play and which players were involved? That's impressive.

7. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Morey showing everyone how to get to second base with a lady.

1 person likes this.
  8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Simmons said there were a lot of chicks out there to hit on. About seven of them.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What do you expect, the conference has to do with sports and math. Chicks typically have no ability or interest in either. :p

Definitely a sausage fest, and Morey is Earl Campbell.

10. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I'm surprise Van Gundy didn't put Mcgrady on blast when he was here. He did it to everyone else.

11. PeppermintCandy

Seeing as how Morey helped shape the Celtics' strategies, are we now in Year 2 of Morey's five-year plan for the Houston Rockets?

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I would totally go if I had the money... or someone who would pay me to go ;)

13. sks123

sks123 Member

Will they show a video of the conference?

Man I wish I was there, I remember watching a video last year's event posted later. Does anyone know if they are going to show the video of the conference as well as when and where? Thanks a lot.

14. worzel gummidge

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

On their website, they said they'd put video up after its over. Maybe this week you can watch it.

16. sks123

sks123 Member

Thanks for the info!

17. worzel gummidge