1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Clippers 106, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2011.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

How does everyone like the low iq of jordan? Its like I've said before when people like to label an inexperienced player as dumb. I also made the statement that some of these same accusers cant even run a basic set in an open gym vs air. Some guys just needs playing time. The rockets have 3 guys who really need gametime in williams,hill,and thabeet.

2. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

We are still 5-1 after the break and that is damn good.

11 to 8 - easily possible with the schedule
    12 to 7 - decent streak and then win games that you are favored to win
    13 to 6 - sounds good enough to be in the playoffs
    14 to 5 - Can't ask for anything better

I can understand how team lost yesterday. When your 3 starters struggle, chances are that you will lose. Martin, Scola and Bud all had bad nights.. 2 b2b's in a row is always tough. We just got done 3 b2b's in 2 week.

There are some positives: Lowry's play, Lee's recent play, Dragic will make bench run, Martin has been playing (scored 3 30's before this game so can understand why he was tired)... and Scola looked like he wants to carry this team against Portland

Lowry/Martin/Scola/Hayes/Lee will be the 5 most important players for next 19 games.... may be Dragic too, if he gets the system and adjust with teammates.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The way this team is designed, I think every player who sees time on the court is equally as important as the next guy. You could certainly add Patrick Patterson and Brad Miller to your list of important players, along with Chase Budinger. Every one of the players in our rotation HAS to understand what they are capable of (and not capable of) and play within their role. If they play smart, fundamental basketball, they can win some games, and make some noise in the playoff race. The one thing this team does is play smart.....they just can't allow themselves to get caught up in a 3-pt contest, and or a high-flying dunk contest. They need to play within themselves.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

THIS.

Some people on this board tend to draw these conclusions a little too quickly for my taste.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

You guys do realize that the Clippers beat Miami, San Antonio, the Lakers (almost twice if it was for DFish's GW layup with .1 seconds.) at home right? That was without a healthy Kaman. They almost beat Boston without their starting backcourt. Their record isn't representative of their talent level. They aren't a mediocre as you guys think. Once the Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs begin their decline in a couple of years, I can see the Clips and Thunder being powerhouses in the West.

Yes the Rockets lost a winnable game, but going 3-1 in 5 nights without Battier and Brooks is pretty remarkable. There's still a chance we can sneak into the playoffs now that 50 isn't the magic number anymore.

1 person likes this.
  6. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Im all for making the push for the playoffs, and I do applaude RA for what he has done. But it is our players who are putting in the dirty work out there. Although the freethrows and the fouls played a huge factor, RA can't continue to be this stubborn!

HE LET BRAD GET ABUSED BY KAMAN, WHILE HE COULD HAVE JUST CAME BACK WITH CHUCK. Because blake was in foul trouble anyway

HE PLAYED CHASE EXTREMELY TO LONG. Considering we were coming off of a back to back and he was playing like garbage.

RICK DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO ADJUST HIS PREGAME STRATEGY DURING IN GAME SITUATIONS.

OKAY TWILL IS STUGGLING, BUT WHEN BUD WAS STRUGGLING, HE RECEIVED MORE MINS.

If we are going to make the playoffs, RA is going to have to learn to trust his TEAM, not just players.

7. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

congratulations rockettexan. I have given you the power of green rep.

8. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

WHY ARE WE YELLING SO MUCH??!!?!?!

[​IMG]

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought Morey made this team idiot-proof (by trading Battier and AB) but somehow Rick always prevails. We had 5 games in 4 nights, we annihilated portland up and you played the starters till the end. Clippers game, you can see they're exhausted as hell and you over-play them again.Even NBA2K has an energy bar and it runs low when you don't substitue. And what's your beef with TW?

10. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Come home, DeAndre.

[​IMG]

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Playing guys when they're that tired is how injuries happen.

Also calls were definitely extremely one-sided in favor of the Clippers on top of it already being the fourth game in five days. Thanks, NBA...

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

The Clippers look like a pretty good team now that they have their injured players back on the floor. Considering we had so many key players have sub-par games last night, I was surprised we made it so close at the end.

1 person likes this.
  13. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

the team played ok, we just didn't have enough defense to stop all those tips ins and offensive rebounds..

Lowry is playing great, but we sure miss battiers defense and brooks' scoring
    we need battier and brooks, any rockets fan who've been watching games would know that....

the problem with chase is that when he is not hot, he is useless.....

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Here is the problem when you have an undersized,average athletic,below average defensive team. Last night, they had guys who just out athlteted the rockets. How many over the top,easy dunks did the clippers get last night. Another problem is when you have such a poor defender in scola and a small defender in hayes. Hayes is a very good positional defender, but Kaman is just a bigger more skilled offensive player. So even when hayes was playing kaman, he was just firing right over the top. That means that scola has to defend kaman or griffin. The problem is, kaman is one of the better post players in the league and griffin is so explosive its a lose-lose situation defensively. Add in gordon and mo williams and now you can have a total breakdown defensively on the rockets side.

1 person likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Battier's defense could have been useful,but DM had the right idea to move him. He is slowly declining. Thabeet was the wrong guy to obtain though. Brooks is an attacker,but his inefficiency was hurting us. Dragic may prove to be a better overall replacement in the future.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This Jordan dude does play like a 7-footer. Very active. Would Morey pay market price for him?

17. Rock3tsfanDro

Rock3tsfanDro Member

This Jordan dude does play like a 7-footer. Very active. Would Morey pay market price for him?[/QUOTE]

would rather get kaman, hes very under rated center, was once an all star, but due to injures who knows if he can be as good as he was... sure showed it last night

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

would rather get kaman, hes very under rated center, was once an all star, but due to injures who knows if he can be as good as he was... sure showed it last night[/QUOTE]

At this stage in their careers, I would rather have D. Jordan due to his being much younger than Kaman. As a shot-blocking, rebounding center, I believe he would be perfect for us.

19. edgar.umanzor

edgar.umanzor New Member

Kevin Martin!!! what happened?!??!?! :mad:

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

KMart was pretty much carrying to load for the team during the prior 4 games and the back to backs, and Adelman played him to the ground during the Portland game, even when we had a healthy lead in the 4th. Not a surprise, he (and the other starters) were just exhausted.