1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't care if he's all but done, I want Bob Sanders

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by emjohn, Feb 18, 2011.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fair enough. If the texans have enough spare change to spend after addressing other more sound investments that they can get sanders then so be it. Chances are though, that won't be the case because, more than likely, another team that has more money to spend will offer that to him.

2. msn

msn Member

yeah; I won't be losing any sleep over that.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

exactly, because more than likely another team will be able to offer him more given their situation.

but here's to hoping here comes to houston for super cheap while not limiting their ability to sign other sound investments

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Aw c'mon msn: You know good and well what I meant with that Yao Ming post. Nowhere in that post did I say the Texans needed to pay Sanders $17M. But as it was with Yao Ming, you will end up repeating the exact "If he was still healthy..." lament that we've listened to over in the GARM for years now. It doesn't matter how much or how little he's paid: if he's always hurt and can't play, exactly how does that make them better on defense? I certainly understand your theory of diminished expectations here but we disagree on whether this is the proper way to build a contending team. I rather see some solid and smart football moves from this team for a change. If I wanted to see a team taking flyers and rolling the dice on failed players, I could always watch the Rockets for that.

5. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Just say NO to Sanders.

He has played 9 games in three season?

No way, unless he took league minimum, which will not happen.

Some team will give him a flyer for multiple millions.

Good player when healthy though.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

AdamSchefter

Filed to ESPN: Former Colts safety Bob Sanders plans to sign a one-year deal tonight with the San Diego Chargers.

/thread