1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

down 15, rick sparks them at halftime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Feb 27, 2011.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Thank goodness you are not the GM or Owner. I don't think I could take another 34 - 48 season.

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

If you can coach a team with Rafer Alston, Juwon Howard, Keith Bogans, and David Wesley in the starting line-up to a 34-48 record, you're doing a pretty good job.

3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

The reason we won is we didn't have Aaron Brooks dribbling the ball for 23 seconds every posessin and forcing an ill advised shot or driving to the rim to get blocked on a layup. It makes a hug difference when 35-40% of your possessions you actually have a capable point gaurd that doesn't cause turnovers and bad shots.

Also without battier eating 25 - 30 minutes on the floor, you have more offensive options. I'm not saying our whole season is goign to turn around at this point but i do see this team playing a little better, with more energy and less sloppy ball handling. Still can't compete with top teams but it's an improvement.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Easy to blame Aaron & not our lack of rim protection, which still is this team's greatest flaw by far!

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

People creating threads about Rick Adelman is going to make you dislike him?

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I have to give Rick a ton of credit. He could have put Luis Scola back on the court at the end of the game and just lived with the results, but he understood how important it was for the team to have both Chuck Hayes and Brad Miller, with their ability to read the over-aggressive Hornets defense, on the court at the same time to close it out.

That was the difference in the ball game.

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No your not. Particularly when Yao and TMac both started over half the games that season. Imagine if Rick had Yao to man the paint for the 1st 57 games of the season.

You take JVG and I take Rick and at least my team will be capable of winning with out a superstar and can even win a play-off series. Your team will just suck with out a superstar and will not win a play-off series even when you have two superstars fully healthy.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I give him credit too but Scola wasn't coming back on the court. That knee injury was bad enough for him to ask for a sub. Scola is one tough hombre, it had to hurt bad.

9. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

If anyone who replied in this thread, denniscd would be the one that would be there. He does work for the Rockets. He was an insider in the Rudy days, but from what I understand, his current capacity or a mandate from the JVG days has resulted in fewer posts pertaining to personel transactions. :rolleyes:

10. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Edit.

11. Grigori

Grigori Member

I think that Brooks and Dragic deserve the lion's share of credit for this comeback win between them. This comeback would not have been possible if CP3 weren't completely shut down in the second half. Although Rick also deserve some credit for playing Martin 43 minutes.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

We want a coaching change because Adleman isn't going to be around when this team is contending again.

I'd rather bring in a new coach for this new squad and let them grow together, rather than letting Rick walk after 2012 or 2013 and then having to reacclimate this squad with a brand new coach right when they're gearing up to be competitive again.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Because he sleepwalks through interviews which leads me to believe he sleepwalks through a lot of things. It isn't like the way Popovich or JVG acted sorta depressed when talking to the media either. He literally says "I don't know" to half the questions he is asked and I believe he is telling the truth.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

There are a lot
    Of things in basketball
    That are un known
    Knowing what you
    Don't
    Know and
    Knowing enough to admit what you don't
    Know

Is called

Wisdom

15. SergioValencia

Rick Adelman is that you?

16. Showtizzle2642

It Would be sweet to hire Shane as a Player/Coach for next season.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Okay. Who made the baskets again? Did Rick go out there, don a Rockets uniform, and score 30+? I'm confused. :confused: I can tell you to go out there and run a play. If the players suck, you're not going to score. If the play itself sucks, but the players are good; they score.

Coaches are overrated, especially in the NBA. You do need a coach... but the players are the ones that go out there and play.

18. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Apparently Adelman went OFF, berserk-like after calmly assessing the situation, not unlike one of those Hitler Bunker youtube videos. And in German. :grin:

19. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Thank you Lowry.

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If Rick still had Brooks he would have had him in there for 30+ mins resulting in AB going 2 for 10 and CP3 going crazy.

THANK YOU MOREY