1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perkins to OKC, Green to Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ivenovember, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Yeah they traded Nate and Perkins for Kristic and Green. I don't know what Boston is thinking because their bigs are their biggest strengths. Oh well kudos to the Thunder franchise, I'm really happy for them and hopefully Perkins can stay healthy!

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed!
    I think they just closed the window on their Championship dreams!
    they need BIGS to deal with Orlando and Miami

Rocket River

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Great deal by OKC. Ibaka was a much better fit at the 4 anyway, and Durant commands the 3.

Westbrook
    Harden
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Perkins.

Very good. And Perkins is only 26, too! If this Thunder team keeps their starting 5, they could rule the West in about 2-3 years.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Great trade for OKC, I think it makes them contenders this year.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'm guessing Boston knew something about Perkins' knee that nobody else did... or they just feel very confident with Shaq.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Like what OKC did. Not saying they'll win the Championship, or even the West, or are favorites for anything but I like ther moves. Solid moves. Not sure what Boston is doing or thinking? :confused:

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Lol is it his fault that we can't offer more than Green? Green is a great young player.

8. The Situation

The Situation Member

Am calling it, Thunder vs Rockets in the WCF

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

I like this for the Celtics. Jeff Green can come off the bench behind Pierce and he can play 4 with KG at 5. Kristic is solid the Celts can possibly pick up Troy Murphy as well.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Great trade for the celtics

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Nenad is solid for a 3rd string center. :grin:

But I do agree that Green should be nice coming off the bench as a score first option.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Perkins remains healthy,he will help OKC a lot. Boston did well. Green can thrive there without much pressure on him. Krstic isn't Perkins,but he is a respectable backup center.

13. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Can't see how this helps Boston at all. Green will not help Boston defend the bigger 3s like Labron, Melo, etc. And he's not much of a 4. I think Battier would have helped them more. We would've easily given them Battier + patterson for Perkins. This is a very nice coup for OKC.

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Perkins Mohammed
    Ibaka Collison
    Durant
    Sefolosha Harden
    Westbrook Maynor

Damn. Game over.

Wish Morey could have stolen Perkins for a package build around Brooks and Battier :(.

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Yep sick starting line up no hate if they make it to the finals doubt they win it all this year

16. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Great trade for OKC. Not so good for BOS. But BOS wasn't going to resign Perkins, according to Woj.

So OKC is my new favorite West team, after the Rockets.

Final Four: SAS vs OKC & MIA vs BOS - then Probably SAS vs MIA, since BOS is weak in the middle now, but I'm pulling for OKC.

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I'm assuming (well, hoping) Cole will get more playing time than Nazr.

And don't forget Nate Robinson will also be joining OKC for some possible - additional scoring off the bench. (Coinflip for me on whether he is a cheerleader or will be a contributor)

And Cook has had some playing time the last 2 games, so he or Harden might play some backup 3 (even though they are 2's).

18. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

perkins said he was interested in OKC and Houston when he became a free agent. this saves us some disappointment because he would of chose OKC over HOU anyways.

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Can't believe no one recognized the connection between Green not passing the ball to KD on the final shot last night and his being traded today. So obvious! :grin:

20. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Perkins is an amazing defensive big and Jeff Green is an inefficient tweener who has always been severely overrated. Easy to see who got the better end of this deal.