1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Rockets trade Brooks to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 24, 2011.

1. eeeZZY

eeeZZY Member

Why Dragic > Brooks.

Why Dragic > Brooks. :grin:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LLWjQ7nZTkI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

Finally..somebody with a realistic approach to the deal. To add to this, i dont think we had any trades in line to become contenders or anything close to it this year, or next. So why not trade for the future?

However, i still think we could've gotten more upside/a better pick for brooks

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Other than that nice game...

By the numbers:
    He's no better defender (in terms of points against per 100 possessions), he's a worse shooter, he turns the ball over a *lot* more (20% of his possessions -- about like Thabeet!)

But, um, he has a cool name!

Sorry -- I know we needed to move Aaron before he walked this summer, but what disappoints me is (as I'm reading the reports anyway), we lost Ish too. So we have to play this guy Dragic.

Hope these draft picks pan out, but the Suns one is lottery protected.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I applaud Morey for being pro-active in this deal. Brooks was in a deep funk plus post lockout the kings were going to offer a deal the rox wouldnt match. This way, they avoid this and get a 1st rd pick.

I think lowry can keep the seat warm for Williams next summer and hopefully ish gets to play more also.

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

If the Suns make the playoffs, we get their 1st rounder.
    If the Suns miss the playoffs, we get Orlando's crappy 1st rounder.

Meh.

6. delta69er

delta69er Member

7. crocktees

crocktees Member

So how about when AB almost single handily took down the Lakers?
    I am excited about the picks, which were the key parts of these deals.
    But to correct everyone on the Dragic bandwagon, good player but
    Phoenix is the team that traded for talent, the Rockets traded of chemistry
    and flexibility. Look at his numbers people, he is not starting over Lowry,
    not even close.

More flexibility = better future.
    Morey did what he could.

8. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

If you haven't noticed, Ish is gone (traded) also..

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That sounds good to me too. I was hoping that Brooks would recover his form. I wish him good luck.

10. thekad

thekad Member

Terrible trade. Brooks is much better now than Dragic ever will be.

Morey whiffed, hard.

11. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I understand your frustration, but Dragic is having a down year % wise, just like Brooks. But I assume he would be a cheap, average back up at least. The key here though, is if Phoenix makes playoffs, we could have ourselves a pick from 14-16 range. So a back up pg + 15th pick for Brooks, is that good? I don't know, I guess considering the year he's having, its definitely not bad....

Another thing, as much as I loved Brooks, and I do think he's worth a similar contract to Lowrys, we just could not, under any circumstances, have 2 Pgs making that kind of money. Not when one of them would be on the bench. So in that regards, I am glad that we did do a trade, with the pick the consolation....

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh Happy Day!

13. farlantea123

farlantea123 Member

I
    I couldn't bealive it.. too good to be true... :rolleyes:

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Not sure why so many people seem to be excited.

Not a fan of this deal at all.

We sold low on Brooks.

Dragic is nothing special and the upcoming draft is going to be very weak.

15. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

wowowo rockets makin some crazy moves. I'm a little disappointed we didn't try to develop Ish or go younger (Dragic is already 24, same age as Lowry), but that's alright. What I like about Dragic is he can shoot when he has confidence and he's normally a pass first PG who's learned a lot from Nash.

16. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Yes, but now we have 4 picks this upcomig draft and can move up.

Brooks was just on 610... I posted the thread in the DISH

17. University Blue

By the numbers:
    walked out on team: AB (1), GD (0)

Maybe Houston could have gotten more for AB, maybe not. I am happy Houston obtained another professional player.

18. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vBpt2ZaKmY4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H08QlVTud24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RbussC4vuRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xhjbnvqYYbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    And so on...

1 person likes this.
  19. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

brooks will probably get healthy with the medical staff in Pho. Plus he will learn from Nash. Dorgan will do well because he is better at the pick/roll and pick and pop. I have a feeling we will all have sellers remorse soon.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

From what I've seen he is a decent defender and very scrappy (and not scrappy like Brooks in that he gets technicals late in close games). He's also not a midget (he's a legit 6'3") which is a great thing to have in a PG.