1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade Brooks to Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 24, 2011.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They need DD there to straighten up those who diss Brooks. :grin:

3. delta69er

delta69er Member

He was part of the Memphis trade.

And also, I'm glad we traded AB while keeping Lee and T-Will. AB was going to demand a much larger contract than he deserves and I've become quite discontent with his attitude problem. What he failed to understand is that a starting position is earned, not granted.

4. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Nailed it, juice!

Or This^

I give the trade market this year a low grade, mostly because of this pre-lockout NBA, Superstar dictating, officiating-slanted-to-money-markets/personal brands LANDSCAPE that this game I love has become.

Morey went out and reloaded on the increasing asking price it takes for trades to get a franchise player. So I give him a very high grade. A-
    He also opens up the roster for an earlier move that he had to pounce on at the moment TWill became available, he got rid of Brooks for a great return.

AND, he didn't trade CLee, Thank you, Morey!

I'm excited

5. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Wow those who don't like Dragic propbably didn't watch the Nba playoffs last season when he went off against the Spurs. The guy can ball!!! Just couldn't get minutes due to Nash starting. Plus we get a first round draft pick and have a team option for him next season, Great deal Morey!!!! ;)

6. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

[​IMG]

What is that four first rounders? For two expirings? Plus Thabeet and Dragic?

Not. Worthy.

7. University Blue

Is Goran a FA this summer or next? Does Houston also get his bird's rights?

I will go ahead and predict Goran will be the starting PG next year, when Houston obtains a more defensive SF.

8. jmoney

jmoney New Member

Rookie poster long time Clutch BBS / Rockets fan here. Brooks made his bed when he walked out & quit on the team. I loved the Aaron brooks of the playoffs & last year but he took the contract deal comepletely the wrong way. He should have played is Axx off in a contract year not sulked & give half an effort. As for Thabeet, I love it!! He can protect the rim & grab a few boards, who cares if he isn't a good scorer, we have plenty of offense. What we have been lacking is size in the paint, which has been alllowing lay up drills on a nightly basis. cut those in half & we are already better defensively. LOVE LOVE the trade! :grin:

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

We got Sasha Vujacic's arch nemesis?

Bad ass.

10. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

dork elvis, you are a genius.

11. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Rockets tried to get Gortat but couldn't

12. The Situation

The Situation Member

Yes!!!! Nice defensive duo with Lowry/Dragic

Plus he kills the Lakers & Spurs and learned from Nash

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Not quite. Only two first rounders. However, the Rockets will have three late-first round picks in the next draft (which is projected to be a pretty crummy draft, at least as far as star power) and two late-first round picks in the 2012 draft (so far). Plus Thabeet (total zero) and Dragic.

Err... right?

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AB has already been a bigtime player, but he has questions..health,contract,etc. and I like Morey cutting down the percentage of uncertainty while rebuilding....

With Dragic you pretty much know what you are getting. At minimum a very good backup .....with a little upside.

And yet another pick.

asmith8266 said it all.

We are positioned extremely well..........DM has kept us flexible enough to feed the window/Les's pockets and now cut quickly to rebuilding.

15. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

why is everyone so excited about dragic? to me this morey's plan b or c for dealing brooks...Sure he did well against the spurs in that series..but it was only one game that he played well in lol

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The myth of "stuck behind Nash" will revealed as nonsense.

Goran is 2x turnover prone as Brooks, a worse shooter, and no better defender. And of course he's slower. I would honestly rather give our playing time to Ish behind Lowry.

This is about getting at least a 1st rounder before Brooks walked. (Or good god, I hope they don't have plans for Goran.)

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

what was the suns thinking?

also, we playing the nets sat...... fight between sasha and dragic?

also i find this funny because i started my 2nd season in my player on 2k11 and brooks got traded to the suns :grin:

18. B-Bob

The myth of "stuck behind Nash" will be revealed as nonsense.

Goran is 2x turnover prone as Brooks, a worse shooter, and no better defender. And of course he's slower. I would honestly rather give our playing time to Ish behind Lowry.

This is about getting at least a 1st rounder before Brooks walked. (Or good god, I hope they don't have plans for Goran.)

19. B-Bob

sorry about the double. browser crashed mid-post.

20. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

This deal is 100% about the pick. What are the conditions of this pick, anybody know?