1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON]Looking for Morey? He's working hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

And that's disregarding Denver and Utah's unwillingness to deal within the conference.

2. davestrate

davestrate Member

We are now known as "STUCK CITY" hilarious...

3. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Seriously trade brooks atleast and move twill to the 1 spot. His costing us games and many teams are asking for him. Get it Done

4. Danckchi

Danckchi Member

It seems like the Chron and Morey is starting to prepare the fans to wait till summer before they try another move.

I think if the Rockets does not make any significant moves by this summer, Morey may be fired.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Poor Morey. Can you imagine how many cups of coffee he must be on by now? Hardest working man in show business.

6. Garner

Garner Member

I don't think you could be more wrong

7. Turpis

Turpis Member

1.5 hours left. I don't think trade will happen :(

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

There are 7 hours left.

9. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

1.5? You mean 7.5?

10. Turpis

Turpis Member

The nba.com clock is wrong for me, maybe cause I'm in a different time zone. My bad

[​IMG]

11. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

Same for me. I'm @ the CET zone and there's an hour left here :)

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

A-FREAKING-MEN!!!!!!!!!

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Remember...all of these parts are Morey's now. All of these pieces that we can't win with and seemingly can't move. As Clutch said..."stuck."

14. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

I would suspect Morey uses these writers to save face whenever he doesn't come thru o

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ozcoNRJg0Pg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Why is he wrong? Morey has put this team together. He's the man responsible for player transactions. If our team is full of pieces nobody wants then why should Moreys job be secure? All he's done is "low ball" his way to a terrible team with young "assets" that apparently nobody is interested in but the good people here at clutchfans.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The most important players on the team heading into this season were going to be Yao Ming on defense and Aaron Brooks on offense. We've gotten virtually nothing from those two. So, what we have left is a team that's probably on track to win about half their games. This is a big disappointment, and if the Rockets can't upgrade their team today then I agree that's a strike against Morey. But its not a disaster warranting his removal. That may come next year, but not quite yet.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We are stuck because of Yao and T-Mac. we are stuck because of their health bro. Morey inherited two max players who were injured and it takes time for a team to overcome that and find new superstars. We went as far as we could go in the playoffs, and now it's time to rebuild. While i think Morey should have had a backup plan for Yao, its wrong to say Morey is the reason why we are "stuck". I think he's made some mistakes, but i think he's done pretty damn well with what he had to work with. in many cases he's turned lemons into snapple.

19. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Well, 5 hours left! The clock is ticking, DM ... :grin:

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, just so much "no duh" analysis going on with very little substance.

We can't win with this team
    No-duh. It's a team of role players meant to play around superstars. Almost all of whom were acquired with absolutely nothing by the way. (i.e., late first round picks, corpses, second round picks, Greek T-Macs, etc). The Rockets had all their cap space tied to two guys and have been a winning team for the past five plus years giving them zero lottery picks. It's a frickin' miracle the Rockets are even as good as they are.

Rockets need to pick a direction.
    No duh. They've been directionless for approximately two months.