1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Would You Rather Have: Bargnani or Gallo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by apollo33, Feb 22, 2011.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Simple question, which Italian would you have on your team.

I haven't watched Gallo a whole lot, but he's only 22 and from what I hear have a lot of potential.

Bargnani on the other hand is pretty skilled for a big man, Very good shooting touch.

Downside is, can't rebound to save his life and is allergic to the paint. He has shown this season he can put up numbers on a bad team. He is also pretty young at 25.

2. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

I rather have Italian women and food than those players .

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Mussolini rollin over in his grave!!!!

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If you can pair them with their own personal Chuck Hayes to do the dirty work, they're fine. I guess Gallo since his upside is a bit higher

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bargniani. He's tall.

6. Omega Red

Omega Red Member

Not even a close, totally Bargnani

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm still cautious about his back and a little worried about how his shooting has slid each year, but I'd actually take Gallo for a simple reason: they both give you just about the same thing, but Danilo plays SF where Bargnani is a SF that plays C because of his height.

Both pull down 5 boards - good at the 3, horrible at the 5. Neither play worthwhile defense (team or man), annoying at the 3, a problem at the 5.

I'd maybe put up with Bargnani at the 4 like a Rashard Lewis, but if you do that, you'd better have a top 5 center in the post.

8. Jdawg

Jdawg Member

Gallo for sure...he actually plays the SF position...Bargnani plays the SF position at C...he's a SF trapped in a C body.

9. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I would go with Bargnani and put him at the PF position.

10. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

This.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Or the Rockets could just pull Bullard off the mic and let him jack up threes all night long instead. Would be alot less expensive.

12. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Barghani is a similar to that Anderson guy that we traded to Toronto, both had long distance shooting and both soft in the Paint, I would rather have Gallo sinse he's still growing.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Gallo. I would give anyone on the roster for him. The guy is ultra efficient as a young player and doesn't have the glaring weaknesses that Bargnani has. Cheaper salary, too.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's a stretch, Anderson is like a homeless man's Bargnani. He can never put up 22 ppg, not even on a shet team like the Raptors.

15. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

Gallo for sure.

He can shoot lights out from behind the three, good ball handler, and I think (most importantly) his defense is very good, and underrated.

I think that just because he plays for the D'antoni and the Knicks everyone just writes him off as a defender, but the few times that I've seen him play he has moved his feet.

Remember the game last season where AB basically singlehandedly destroyed teh knicks. well if you look at the defense played on AB by Gallo. Logic says that AB should be able just blow by him, but he was able to keep him in front of him. Great offense by AB to beat good defense by Gallo.

Oh, and he's only 22.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8bSdhTH8NLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Given Bargnani's salary and limitations, I'd say there's 29 GM's around the league thinking the same exact thing: Toronto can have him.

That said, give me the Gallinari kid.

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Somebody will overpay Gallo when his contract comes up too. Tall guys that can score make money.

I'll pass on bigs that can't rebound (or wings that can't do anything but score however you want to look at them), depending on what you give up obviously.

18. worzel gummidge

Gallo is actually pretty good defender

19. windz

windz Member

bargnani??????????? ahahahahhahaha

i love it when ppl only look at stats and ignore everything else... actually even if u look at stats u should see something... 5.5 rpg for a c (or pf) that plays 36 mins per game....

20. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Neither really