1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas' Demographic Changes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That would be worse. :-(-

2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Good article, I see a shift of eliminating social security, medicare and medicaid in the future in the next 10 years. Thanks to the health care reform the need for medicare and medicaid will dwindle. We will still assist the elderly in their time of need but will be the first program to be reduce if we face a future budget shortfall.

3. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I for one welcome our new hispanic overlords...

seriously the mexicans are doing what the white people did to get texas from mexico.(white people moved into texas illegally) karma, man........

1 person likes this.
  4. Raven

Raven Member

Texas is slowly going down the drain and illegal immigration is one of the reasons.

5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

This country is going down the drain and greed is the biggest reason. You keep crying about the illegals though. Great distraction.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Actually, I rarely bring it up, but you can't have an honest discussion about Texas demographics without discussing illegal immigration, nor can you have an honest discussion about crime, the mortgage crisis, school overcrowding, hospitals going broke, the environment, gangs, over population or any other issue that impacts quality of life without acknowledging the influence of illegal immigration. If that bugs you, tough.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

And I guess the Civil Rights Acts are another one for you?

8. Raven

Raven Member

It's ridiculous and stupid to think the two issues are even remotely comparable. If there's a tea party brand of liberalism, your post certainly qualifies.

9. Wakko67

Its not that that bugs me. You don't like illegal immigrants I couldn't give a $#!+ less. I do think we need to reform the system and make it a better handled issue. I just don't like the underlying anger at this issue from hardcore conservatives. It speaks to most of their ignorance on our history and the workings of the world. I don't know your views and am not putting you into that class as of right now.

My main issue is that I wish there was this much passion, zeal or anger over more important issues like our financial system and how its eating the country up more and more. Instead, no one ever brings it up. Years from now, we may be officially property of China and no one seems to care because "the brownies" are getting through fences. Also, it seems to go unnoticed that in reality migrant workers get paid sh!te. If we stopped them from coming in, prices for things like produce would soar leading all other markets to soar. It seems like common sense, yet it is never brought up.

Are people are getting dumber by the year and that is somehow fine. We produce nothing and consume most and that is fine. Our financial system allows for the richest to exploit the broken system in order to get richer and the lower pay groups falling further behind and that is fine. Our politicians do almost nothing for the benefit of our country or its future aside from saying stupid **** and that is fine. Yet mexicans are our biggest issue and should draw the most passion from us. Looks to me like a Kansas City Shuffle, but what the hell do I know?

10. bloop

bloop Member

Well the Texans won Texas by conquest. The Mexicans are coming in through the backdoor when no one is looking. It's about as different as can be.

There's no such thing as karma. If there were such a thing as karma, first off 90% of the white folks would die in the coming years from smallpox and plague... then Mexicans would be raping what's left of the white women and melting down anything of value in Houston to ship it back home in galleons.

Seriously though, it's perverse how all of these threads always involve some snuff fantasy of old white people "dying off" so group A or group B or political viewpoint C can take over. Plenty of young people today are conservative. And sad for some of you, as people get old they naturally get conservative as they get rich they get conservative. The media doesn't talk about it but the past decades have seen a massive shift among Jews from liberal to conservative (and neo-conservative which was originally a Jewish movement) as they take over from WASPS as The Establishment. Even when Whitey dies off America will always have oldass conservatives ****ing **** up and youngass liberals who hate their guts.

Truth is, aside from platitudes of how hard Hispanics work white people should be thankful that there are so many young Hispanics. One of the major issues for developed societies is the lack of young workers to support an aging population. Even China will have this problem in 50 years. Honestly if we didn't have Hispanics we would have to increase immigration from places like the Philippines (as Japan and Korea do) for menial labor. Who else is going to go around cleaning **** for 6 bucks an hour if the Mexicans dont do it? African Americans? lol. White Trailer Trash? I think it's a safe bet that old ass racists would at least prefer dark Caucasians to Orientals filling up their country if given a choice. VIVA MEXICO. VIVA LA RAZA.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Actually, I don't blame the illegal aliens as much as I blame corrupt politicians for kowtowing to corporate interest, but that doesn't make it any less of a problem.

12. Wakko67

Agree. Though I don't think that's a popular thing to do in debates. Does that mean I lose? :grin:

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I guess it's just me, but I know a hell of a lot of "old people" who are liberal, and I know some that are not. What you have done here is illustrate that age, ethnicity, religion, and every other thing in this world that divides people is subject to exactly the bias you attach to "old people," a bias that shines from you like a spotlight.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'm pro-Mexican immigration. I respect them a lot. Speaking in generalities, they're hard working and have quality family values, which is admirable. They also tend to integrate well.

15. rtsy

rtsy Member

16. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Yeah it is just ridiculous and stupid to think folks in Texas wouldn't be just as upset if it was folks from Ireland or Canada who did not have current immigration documents.

18. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Type II Diabetus for all.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Well, in all probability, immigrants from those two countries would have some skill set or education, which would allow them to support their family without government assistance, unlike most illegal aliens who are uneducated and illiterate, making them a drain on local, state, and federal social programs.

20. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

well im not sure about this. they dont call us "the model minorities" for no reason ;)